resort / pool view at DLH

jemilah

<font color=navy>Dreaming of Disneyland every nigh
MY reservation from AAA say's it is a resort/pool view room.........does that mean I won't get a room overlooiking the parking lot? Should I still call 3 day's in advance to ask about staying in a certain tower? There was not another option except for concierge level when we booked, but there was a lesser view option for PP. Thanks!!!!!!!!

We paid a bit extra for a "pool view" room (and I'm guessing you did as well if you have that designation.) I'm not remembering which towers are which, but one has one side overlooking the pool area, one overlooking DTD and DCA. Another overlooks the pool area on one side, city on the other, and the Bonita Tower (the one we've requested) has one side overlooking the koi pond & waterfall ("pool view"), city on the other.

I think the Bonita, being the furthest away from the park, is the least requested, so here's hoping we get what we want...and that I'm not kicking myself for creating such a long walk four times a day! :rotfl:

If you got a resort/pool view, I am thinking you must be in the Marina Tower. It is the only tower I think where you would see the pool and the resort. I assume by resort they mean Disneyland park? My brother had that view/tower and had a great view of the fireworks (as good as that can be when you don't see them from the park). Now there are rooms in the Bonita Tower that overlook the waterfall area and the resort but you can't really see the pool that I remember. It seems like Hook's Pointe and the Lost Boys Bar blocked the view of the pool from that tower. But you can have a good view of the park from the Bonita Tower. But I am not sure any of the rooms in the Bonita have upgraded views that it sounds like you might have paid for in your AAA package. In the Sierra there is no way you could see the pool and the park.

And Alex2kmommy, I love the Bonita Tower! I love walking through the waterfalls and seeing the fish. I don't think that walk can be more than one minute longer. The three towers are really quite close to each other. The Bonita Tower is the least requested, the nicest room with the best view we had in five stays at the DLH was on the 10 or 11th floor, overlooking the wedding pavillion and waterfall/pool view (you can't really see the pool much though). We had a great view of the Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain. We also could see Knotts far off in the distance and I think Downtown.

I think the term "resort/pool view" room refers to the fact that you're paying extra for either a resort or pool view room. Our booking also states the same, but we requested pool view. I think you're right though, that if they have "resort view", it probably is the Sierra Tower.

Amy, thank you for saying the walk won't be so bad! Someone else posted that it added about 5 mins. to their walk to the park, and on a map I saw, it did look quite a bit further. I was thinking I'd really messed up, but DH said a peaceful night's sleep was going to be well worth a longer walk. Too true.

Alex2kMommy said:

Amy, thank you for saying the walk won't be so bad! Someone else posted that it added about 5 mins. to their walk to the park, and on a map I saw, it did look quite a bit further. I was thinking I'd really messed up, but DH said a peaceful night's sleep was going to be well worth a longer walk. Too true.

I have stayed in that tower three times and the Sierra twice. I cannot imagine that walk is five minutes longer to the park. Yes it is the furthest, but to me the distance is minimal. I happen to like that tower the best and request it. Pretty unusual, and the cm's love it when you do because most people don't want that tower :confused3 . But I do that at WDW too, I usually like the more far out locations that are quieter and when you request a particular building others don't, the room you get is usually better and has what you want.

Hey, when you go, time your walk from the Bonita to the walkway where the Sierra and Marina are that goes right to DTD. I'll bet it won't be five minutes, if it is, I'll have to eat crow! And you'll probably never listen to anything I have to say again! ;)

Love to hear this! Amy, you are my new best friend! :teeth:

Thanks for the info! I will try to remember to see how far it is too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter