• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

too funny. :-) Well I guess I'll have to let you know what we did and the experience we had. I was leaning towards using Walmart. Last time we went was in 2018 and we used Prime Now staying at the BC.

If you have instacart, there seems to only be a $10 minimum (I have an instacart account), Walmart has a $35 minimum, Amazon Now/Fresh charges $4.99 for delivery with a 2 hour delivery window, $9.99 for a 1 hour delivery window.

Assuming bell services still not accepting Walmart deliveries (?). Can I still meet the delivery guy somewhere to receive my order? Will be at Wilderness Lodge.

Has anyone used Walmart to deliver to Kidani lately? We used them a few years ago and wanted to see if they are still delivering there and recent experiences.

Walmart's delivery policy to Kidani is the same as Jambo's which is the same as most of the other resorts. Nothing has changed.

Assuming bell services still not accepting Walmart deliveries (?). Can I still meet the delivery guy somewhere to receive my order? Will be at Wilderness Lodge.
Right out front by valet. I've had to meet other delivery services (we go shop) out there several times as they did not want to deal with bell services.

Got back Saturday from an 8-day stay at Caribbean Beach & used Garden Grocer on our arrival day. Our delivery time was 4-9 & our plane landed at 8:45. I was nervous about groceries being held before we had checked in.

I got a text @ 4:30 from Garden Grocer that said our order had been delivered to bell services. This was before I had even gotten a room number notification from Disney. So I called the front desk to see why I hadn't gotten my room info yet & they said because we were using DME. they had our flight arrival time & we wouldn't be getting our room info until our flight landed. I asked about the grocery delivery & they said bell services had it & they would hold it until we arrived. I then asked if they could go ahead & take it to the room once it was ready & they said no that they couldn't take it to the room until we were checked in.

On the DME I got a text about our room being ready & when we were dropped off I went to bell services & they had our grocery order loaded on a cart for us along with our stroller rental. I didn't have enough hands to get it all so they said they would call & confirm once we were in the room & then bring them to the room.

I ad just made it the room & the phone rang & they said our groceries were on the way. 5 minutes later we had everything we ordered including alcohol. So all that to say we were very pleased with Garden Grocer.
So you were able to get alcohol in your Garden Grocer order and they were able to leave it for you? This is exactly what I'm looking to do!

So you were able to get alcohol in your Garden Grocer order and they were able to leave it for you? This is exactly what I'm looking to do!
I was talking with bell services at WL back in June as I waited for the rain to stop so I could get to my car without being drenched.
Among the various topics were resort capacity, masks, and of course grocery delivery and exceptions.
I was told that Bell services is not supposed to take and store a delivery of alcohol, ever, it doesn't matter who the delivery service is. Contrary to what GG is saying, they do not have special permission, they are breaking the rules.

I was talking with bell services at WL back in June as I waited for the rain to stop so I could get to my car without being drenched.
Among the various topics were resort capacity, masks, and of course grocery delivery and exceptions.
I was told that Bell services is not supposed to take and store a delivery of alcohol, ever, it doesn't matter who the delivery service is. Contrary to what GG is saying, they do not have special permission, they are breaking the rules.
In the past, I have always used GG and ordered alcohol. It’s always been held for us at Bell Services. I think it’s because GG puts them in sealed brown paper bags, so you can’t tell what is inside.

Opinion time!
I was going to do an instacart order and a fairly sizable amazon prime order.

Now I am wondering if dizzy dolphin or GG would be a better option to combine grocery with other types of products and then top off with prime for anything that is kind of specialized. Thoughts?

In the past, I have always used GG and ordered alcohol. It’s always been held for us at Bell Services. I think it’s because GG puts them in sealed brown paper bags, so you can’t tell what is inside.
Exactly. They're supposed to be sealed bags, but they're also supposed to tell bell services that there is no alcohol in the order.
GG is completely aware that they cannot leave beer, wine and liquors, but they do anyway.

Best option is to meet the delivery person at the their car out under the porte-co·chere, that way no one gets in trouble.

Does Garden Grocer still allow you to upload your ID ahead of time for delivery of alcohol is included?

I set up my GG account last summer and frankly don’t remember ever uploading my ID (although I see that posted a lot around here, so maybe I did and just don’t remember). Regardless, GG alcohol delivery without me being there has worked just fine for me several times now.

We are going in mid-October. I’m thinking of using Instacart for the first time and have a few questions. When should I place my order? We have no plans upon our arrival to Pop. We’ll be hanging around the resort until dinner at Disney Springs. So waiting to meet the delivery shopper is no problem. I’d prefer to send my order when we land, since I know they sometimes text you about substitutions. I’m just wondering what the turnaround time is or how much time to allow or the process.

We are going in mid-October. I’m thinking of using Instacart for the first time and have a few questions. When should I place my order?

When I use insta at home I like to place my order a day or so early so I can ensure I get the window I want. This will also allow time for modification if you forgot something. The window selection is the second step of the process.
If you can select a window that's like a couple hours after you arrive at the hotel or land you can answer any texts during the wait. Insta offers the option to set up replacement requests and the texts are GENERALLY just a notice there has been a replacement or if they can't find the initial product or the replacement. At least that has been my experience at home.

Insta was a lifesaver when I threw out my back and had to shop for my home pound parents!

I set up my GG account last summer and frankly don’t remember ever uploading my ID (although I see that posted a lot around here, so maybe I did and just don’t remember). Regardless, GG alcohol delivery without me being there has worked just fine for me several times now.
Good to know. It’s been 2+ years since I’ve ordered from GG but definitely had to upload ID ahead of time. Things may have changed since then. I think we’re going to do Prime in any case since we can be there to meet the delivery person.

We are going in mid-October. I’m thinking of using Instacart for the first time and have a few questions. When should I place my order? We have no plans upon our arrival to Pop. We’ll be hanging around the resort until dinner at Disney Springs. So waiting to meet the delivery shopper is no problem. I’d prefer to send my order when we land, since I know they sometimes text you about substitutions. I’m just wondering what the turnaround time is or how much time to allow or the process.

I see PP say the day before. When I have ordered the day of, I am able to get delivery that day. No issues at all. Maybe it depends on where you live. It’s usually a 1-2 hour window. I believe it’s a $35 minimum too.

Yes I was! It was there with the rest of my groceries at bell services when we arrived that evening.

I posted the following in the Pop Century board, and it got lost in other posts without response. I thought I may have more success here:

I am typically a driver, so I have never used grocery delivery. From what I can tell, Amazon Prime Now is my best option. I order it to be delivered to the address in post 1, correct? From the grocery delivery to your resort thread, it also appears that you get estimated 2 hour delivery, so you don't want to order too soon. It will then be delivered to luggage services where I either pick it up or it is delivered to my room. Does all of this match experience of those who are familiar with using it? Should you order on arrival day or is day before acceptable? Thanks. (No alcohol)

I joined “Ear for each other” Facebook group and had Vacation Grocery Delivery deliver two 2.5 gallon water container and some other snacks to my room. They charged $25 for delivery fee and then sent a photo of the Publix receipt for me to pay. They went above and beyond finding gluten free stuff for me.
When Pop wouldn’t move my groceries they did a second delivery to the Grand Floridian of two more 2.5 gallon waters for only $15 delivery fee. After checking in the GFlo store for water, that was def the cheaper option to get enough water to stay hydrated in this heat. I miss the days when Disney would keep the gallon waters in their stores, must be their exclusive deal with Dasani is so awesome they don’t care about anything else.
I don’t think this was the most economical way to get big volumes of water, but I was happy to support the local FL residents and a furloughed cast member.

This may be a vague question, but if possible would ya'll be able to advise on the best option for this situation?

- Arrival date: Aug 13th, probably getting to CBR around 8pm
- looking to order: case of water bottles, alcohol, chips/snacks

Which services do you think would be best for us?

I joined “Ear for each other” Facebook group and had Vacation Grocery Delivery deliver two 2.5 gallon water container and some other snacks to my room. They charged $25 for delivery fee and then sent a photo of the Publix receipt for me to pay. They went above and beyond finding gluten free stuff for me.
When Pop wouldn’t move my groceries they did a second delivery to the Grand Floridian of two more 2.5 gallon waters for only $15 delivery fee. After checking in the GFlo store for water, that was def the cheaper option to get enough water to stay hydrated in this heat. I miss the days when Disney would keep the gallon waters in their stores, must be their exclusive deal with Dasani is so awesome they don’t care about anything else.
I don’t think this was the most economical way to get big volumes of water, but I was happy to support the local FL residents and a furloughed cast member.
I've read excellent reviews over on E4EO on this service.

Why did POP refuse to move your groceries? From what I heard they can only refuse to move refrigerated items.
I'm thinking of my son moving from AKV over to ASM on his last two days and the best option for him to save money might be to grab a Lyft so he can bring everything along and then not be concerned about it.

Sorry if this has already been asked but does bell services still bring order to our room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter