Residence Inn Maingate - marriott

mlm

Earning My Ears
I have been agonizing over which hotel to book for our new years trip to DL (first trip ever). After reading all the reviews, looking at prices, location etc, we finally decided on the Marriott Residence Inn Maingate. I wanted to be in one of the closer hotels, like the Carousel Inn or Fairfield, but waited too long and they were sold out or too expensive.

ANyway, just wanted to get your thoughts on the Marriot Residence INN Maingate? It looks nice enough on the website but I know that can be deceiving. I know it is not the closest hotel but we are willing to shuttle it...

I was within seconds of booking the residence inn when I noticed the Annabella had just put a sale on Expedia.ca, I got a king and a double for 89.00 canadian a night. We stayed at the Annabella in Nov last year and had a lovely room, it was clean and I liked that we could pull our rental car within 6 feet of the door (convenient when you are wiped out from a day at the park or are unloading cases of water etc). I agree though that the Resisence Inn does look nice in the pics.

We just stayed there last week and had a great time. It was a really great hotel and the staff was so helpful. The free hot breakfast buffet was wonderful and well stocked. We will definately be staying there again. We walked to and from the parks everyday with no problem.

Oh, I forgot to mention that about two weeks before our trip I found a great deal on expedia for $109 night for the one bedroom suite and Marriott has a gaurantee on their website that they have the lowest price or they will match the lower price and take and additional 25% of the room. So we got a one-bedroom suite for $82 a night! That included the free breakfast and there is a full kitchen in the room which came in handy with 4 little kids.

I"ve never personally stayed at this Residence Inn; however, I have stayed at several across the country and have never been disappointed with the choice. For my next trip (Oct 29 - Nov 4) had I not been staying at the Disneyland Hotel, I would be at this Residence Inn in one of their Penthouses.

Of course, I also believe that one can never go wrong with any Marriott brand property--but I am predjudiced--I worked for Dick and Nancy Marriott for two years (2002 - 2004) at one of their personally owned resorts and met many, many other members of the Marriott Family as well; from Dick and Bill down to the multitude of grandchildren, they are all wonderful people.

Just my thoughts....
Michael.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter