• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reopening Menu's

Are the actual menu items significantly fewer? I only looked at Whispering Canyon, but it looks pretty robust.

Bacon and eggs missing from the wave, chicken and waffles from grand Floridian. The dinner menu at Rivera is much smaller

Shrimp and grits and the Turkey Sandwich both gone from GF Cafe. Luckily my favorite salmon is still there. Seems as though they maybe tried to keep their most ordered items and got rid of a few off each?

Looks like resort menus's have been updated to reflect the reopening. When they said limited. They meant it. Any of the places listed under the resorts here

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/#drawer-card-riviera
Topolinos, with its “modified character experience” is going to be super popular. But, man $42 for an omelette or fruit salad, even with the modified character experience, is pretty rough. They took away the heartier options (the steak and the sausage hash).

Kona’s breakfast options are extremely limited too. Now it’s down to only4 options.

Last edited:

Last time we were there I wanted to get the loco moco, but didn't. Instead I got the pineapple macadamia pancakes to try something new... They were ok..
They're still on the menu and the loco moco isn't. :(
My husband and I usually order one Tonga Toast and one other thing and then share them. At least the Tonga Toast didn't go.

It probably helps to streamline the cooking so that they can get guests in and out quicker. I assume the capacity of the restaurants is lower than pre-COVID days. I know some of the fast food restaurants near me did the same thing when they first shut down the dine-in option for the restaurants in my state.

Yay!!! As long as I can get the Painted Lemur and bread selection at Sanaa, I am happy. Though I did not see any grab and go offerings at AKL other than for breakfast.

Do we know the “definitive” list of places that will be open? I’m headed down in August and right now no list I’ve seen has Tutto Gusto or Tutto Italia or Teppan Edo.
They haven’t said anything official about the parks yet. Only the dining locations in resorts and Disney springs.

Do we know the “definitive” list of places that will be open? I’m headed down in August and right now no list I’ve seen has Tutto Gusto or Tutto Italia or Teppan Edo.

I wouldn't count on any of those being open. With no international CMs, dining around the World Showcase is going to be very limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter