Rental Strollers

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
Can anyone who has been to the parks recently tell me about the rental strollers? Are they the same ones as wdwig shows? These look very hard and uncomfortable, are they? Also, the MGM one looks like it has no sun shade, is this true? Any info would be appreciated. Tonia

I haven't been for 2 years, but I can comment on the hard plastic strollers. We chose to rent double strollers at all the parks, and my kids never complained they were uncomfortable. They are made of hard plastic like Little Tikes toys are. I don't remember getting the purple stroller at MGM, but we were there in the evening, so it wouldn't have mattered if it had shade or not. We're taking our stroller knowing we'll probably decide to rent a double instead.

They are what is shown at wdwig and I think they are fine for an older child. IIRC the MGM stroller is canvas and does have a sunshade. Unless you have a child under say 2ish I think the rentals are fine, easy for the child to hop in and out (they do that often) easy to push and manuver. HTH
TJ

I guess it depends on the age of the child(ren) as well. I knew our kids ( a 3 year old and a 15 month old) would nap at the parks, so we brought our own strollers. The rentals do not recline and I didn't think they would be comfortable for napping.

Thanks everyone. I don't think the strollers are going to be a problem. My dd (almost 5) doesn't use a stroller at all anymore, but we figured at WDW she would be more comfortable in one. She will think it is so great, it probably won't matter how comfortable they are. We're getting close now, can't wait!!!

Originally posted by TigerLilly's Mom
Thanks everyone. I don't think the strollers are going to be a problem. My dd (almost 5) doesn't use a stroller at all anymore, but we figured at WDW she would be more comfortable in one. She will think it is so great, it probably won't matter how comfortable they are. We're getting close now, can't wait!!!

ITA - the rental strollers are fine for a 5yo, in fact last April my 5yo used one much less than I anticipated. After pushing an empty stroller around Fantasyland I got smart. Definately needed one at Epcot esp at night and at AK but found it much more pleasant and easy to manuver around MK with out the stroller. We also found we didn't need a stroller in MGM - YMMV. Remember to hold on to your rental receipt - pay once and get a stroller all day at any park. Return the stroller and receipt at the end of the day and get one Disney Doller in return.

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter