Rental Car Question

RileysMom07

Earning My Ears
We are planning on driving to WDW from Richmond, VA. We want to rent minivan as ours has a lot of miles on it. If the rental fee says it includes unlimited mileage, does that include driving it out of state? My sister said it costs more if you are traveling rather than staying local. Thanks for your help.

We are planning on driving to WDW from Richmond, VA. We want to rent minivan as ours has a lot of miles on it. If the rental fee says it includes unlimited mileage, does that include driving it out of state? My sister said it costs more if you are traveling rather than staying local. Thanks for your help.

I would call the rental car company you are looking at and ask. It depends on what they have in their rental contract.

I agree I would call the rental company and clarify it because even within the same company, different regions have different rules. I currently manage a National and Alamo up north and I know that our unlimited miles includes going out of state, but the Enterprise I started at would only have unlimited miles within the state. Now you could say you're staying in state but if you're pulled over for any reason and they call the branch it's up to that manager what they want to do, that's the only thing to be aware of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter