rental car question

never2muchdisney

Mouseketeer
Hello,
Any rental car discounts or deals from Orange County Airport available for April 2006?
Best deal I've found for 4 day rental is through Thrifty for $28.00/day midsize.
Thanks.

I've had good luck with Alamo.com They have a "hot deals" section. You can use code D60C for $10 off a weekend rate. Check mousesavers for other discount codes. Oh, and if you are a costco member you can go to costco.com, search for car rentals, then link to the rental sites from there. The rates are discounted a little bit. I've found my last two rental cars using those two methods (costco and alamo hot deals). I've gotten a compact for 3-4 days for about $45 total.

spoon2003 said:
Intermediate 2/4 door running about $19 per day not including taxes.
I second the costco thing. I got a standard SUV for $30/day through them.

Alamo has had the best rates, both times we went. We just got back and paid $49 for midsize for 3 days, including taxes, etc. We were upgraded to a full size because they were out.
However!!! Alamo's lines are crazy. We waited over 30 minutes this time. I don't remember how long I waited in line last time, but it was long too. (in fact, when you go to get your car, you have to get in another line-aggrevating :furious: ) It was just Alamo, there were little to no lines at several of the other agencies. So you can save yourself a headache for a few extra dollars, or at least join their *********** program (which I probably would do if I ever rent from them again). The last thing I want to do is wait in a line, before I even hit Disneyland :teeth:

Jeni

Anyone know if LAX has car rental pickup right in the airport or do you have to take a shuttle to the car rentals?

wdwstar said:
Anyone know if LAX has car rental pickup right in the airport or do you have to take a shuttle to the car rentals?

There are shuttles that go to the different rental places, no car rental pickups.

I wanted to know if there are car rentals in the airport where you dont have to take a shuttle, but go on the airport property to pick up your rental car.

All rental car companies at LAX require a shuttle ride. There are none that are right at the terminal like at MCO in Orlando.

I got a intermediate size car for $19.99 a day/$115 wk. + tax, through MyPoints webpage. :thumbsup2 Go to their travel page and select car only, and put in your dates. It will show you all the prices available from various rental agencies. Rent4Less had the best prices for my dates - then, if you click on the link below Rent4Less, you can see all their prices for various models. You may have to register at MyPoints, but it's free. When I went directly to Rent4Less's webpage and compared, the price was quite a bit more than MyPoints. Rent4Less is a local car rental agency with several branches in southern CA. :car:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter