Relentless Forward Motion (a.k.a. Running towards 40)

AmyBeth68

Relentless Forward Motion
Well hello there!!! This is the third installment of my journal. It all began with "But I'm Not A Runner", then moved to "The Fine Line Between Crazy and Insane" and now my new and improved journal for 2008!!! RELENTLESS. FORWARD. MOTION.

Yes...I love the quote "Relentless Forward Motion"...as quoted by some guy named Tom Riley :confused3 . Not sure who he is. But thanks Tom! :thumbsup2

And yes....I turn 40 in 2008....mere weeks before I head down to WDW for my second running of the Goofy :goofy:. As I finished day two of the Goofy Challenge a week ago, I swore I'd never run an event like that again. Matter of fact, I wasn't sure I'd run another marathon, or 5K or mile for that matter. Ever. Again. But like childbirth...the pain fades and the joy supercedes any bad memories. So here I sit...I pulled the trigger, pushed the button, paid the cash. Done. I'm signed up for another year of intense training. My goal for next year's GOOFY....to finish in 7.5 hours or less. This year...was to finish in 8.0 hours or less (and we made it with a few minutes to spare).

Leading up to Goofy I've also decided on a few big races:

Minnie Marathon weekend 5K and 15K

Disneyland Half Marathon

I also hope to run a fast 5K, run the annual Thanksgiving race and PR again, and possibly (maybe) do a sprint triathlon.

Professionally, I plan to get a yoga certification and add that to my fitness resume!!! :thumbsup2

Personally, I plan to NOT obsess over turning 40. I want to run and exercise into 40...crashing into this new decade with vigor and making it the best one of my life. I want to feel strong and healthy. I want to enjoy my kids. I want to live life to the fullest. The last few years have been magical for me and I hope to continue that trend!! :sunny:

Thanks to anyone who continues to follow my journey. It's not very exciting or unusual....or even special. But you all make me feel special and I truly do love the support I receive here. :grouphug:

25142-1518-011f.jpg

1st post!! 1st post!! :cool1: :woohoo:

Congratulations on an AWESOME year last year! You've come so far since those beginning days two years ago (wow...two years...really?)

I wish you the best of luck in your relentless pursuit of crushing not only the Goofy, but the 5k and the Turkey Day race (and whatever else is bound to come up).

Ah, man...Scott beat me! I have been on an off these boards all day! ;)

Yipee!!! Minnie and Goofy again!

I can't wait to follow along again this year! You are special Amy and we love you! Your spirit for what you do is infectious!

Stacie

Hey Amy!! Love the new journal! SOunds like you have some great goals for the year, and I can't wait to read your journal!!

Like I said before, we definetely need to get together for a run here and there at some point!!

Hi Amy,

I love the title of your new journal!:thumbsup2 Your race schedule for the year is lookin' good!:goodvibes You are gonna do great in 2008!!!:cheer2:

Hey there! Yep. We decided to go for the big 15K! Thanks for the nice compliment in my journal! I hope next time I see you guys, you see a little less of me! lol! You..40! WOW chick! You look GREAT! Check out the pics from our lunch meet. We look the same age! So that means either I look almost 40 or you look about 28! We'll say you look about 28! :goodvibes

Yeah, I'm really excited to meet up with you again in May. I'd love to be back in January for something too. :rolleyes1

I can't wait to follow your journey again!

Don't you just love Scott's new Signature (and journal!)?

Hope your week is going well!

Just my opinion, but I think you need to move to NC to teach pilates and yoga! ;)

Hope you have a great day!!! Oh, BTW...Your avatar is very cute!
Stacie

Gotta disagree with ya, Amy. You ARE special, and your journals are too! You are a constant source of inspiration for me and SO many others!

I'm so glad I get to come along on another journey with you this year!

Philly 1/2 in November, huh? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm That sounds WAY do-able! :rolleyes1 (for me, I mean....for you - DUH!)

Sounds like an intense year for you girl!! Make sure to schedule some R&R time too, k? :thumbsup2

Love ya!!:love:

Amy, oh Amy....Where are you???

I'm such a doofball! I went to you other journal first! It had the little blue winking-eye smilie...now, no smile... So sad... :goodvibes

Hope all is well with you!!! Hope your cold is getting better!

Stacie

Well hi there Amy!! :wave:

So this whole Relentless Forward Motion thing...RFM if you will...I decided to do some extensive research on this Tom Riley character and found this:

http://mtnrunr.blogspot.com/

That's Tom's blog :thumbsup2

Seems that he coined the phrase during a 100 mile Ultra event called the Kettle Moraine 100 Mile (that's how I know how far the event was :idea: )

Seems he likes peanut butter, tuna, meat loaf and beans (don't run behind him ;) )...loses toe nails quite frequently and has this to say about heart rate monitors:

times worn a heart rate monitor: 0 (i'm still breathing, don't need a beeping thing to know that) :rotfl2:

So...THANKS TOM...keep moving forward buddy :)

Hi, Amy. Yes, you are definitely special to all of us here - don't ever forget it!

I am way behind here, so first of all I want to say CONGRATULATIONS on your successful Goofy experience! I read your account of the races and you did SO AWESOME. It was great to read about it and see the pics! I am SUPER EXCITED that you will there in May and I hope we are able to hang out a bit and get to know each other a little better.

Thank you SO MUCH for your encouragement in my journal. I want you to know that when I am out there training and it gets hard, I THINK OF YOU and I keep going. I think I feel that way because I can relate to your experience with the stomach issues. Although the issue is different from mine, I know the pain and frustration that comes with the digestive system not working the way it should. To read about your journey, the struggle you have had with it and how triumphant you have been in being able to keep going and continue to run, teach pilates, and keep up with all the other physical activities you do is SO INSPIRING. I am very grateful for all of your support, and I look forward to following your journey through this year!

Hope you have a great day!

Susan

:wave: Hello everyone!

Well....I'd like to report on my awesome week of training. But...ummm...errrr....:confused3 . No running for me :sad2: or cardio :guilty: . BUT....I have done a lot of pilates :thumbsup2 . Mainly because I have to mind you...but it still counts.

Honestly, I've been trying to get rid of this cold. Under normal circumstances I'd run with a stuffy head, etc. OK..that sounds odd...I don't actually run with some random stuffy head. My head is stuffy...and I run with it attached....ugh...nm. Anyway...since there are no races looming too near on the horizon I suppose I can take a few days off. I just wonder how it's going to feel when I actually run again. I'm guessing I will feel winded LOL!

OK...so that's it from my world. I'm very excited to start training for the 15K!!! :thumbsup2 And I'm particularly excited about spending time in my favorite place :love: with some AWESOME people!!! YAY!!!

Under normal circumstances I'd run with a stuffy head, etc. OK..that sounds odd...I don't actually run with some random stuffy head. My head is stuffy...and I run with it attached....ugh...nm.

:lmao: :rotfl: thanks for THAT laugh :rotfl2:

(actually laughing out loud)

Can totally picture you out there running along with some stuffed head...where's photoshop when I need it....

:hug: Amy,

I'm sorry that you're not feeling well. :( I hope you feel better soon. Sending a little extra get well :wizard: :wizard: your way.:hug:

I have to admit the picture of you running with your stuffed head made me laugh.:rotfl: Scott, did you photoshop it yet? ;)

Have a great day, Amy!:cool1:

Amy and her Albert Einstein stuffy running head....

racephotochopcopy.jpg

What about that guy Tom's head! :rotfl: That would be hilarious!!! Or, maybe it's just me...

OMG!!! Too much fun today! :goodvibes

Amy! So sorry your're still suffering from stuffy headed syndrome! I'm so glad you actually get to take a break from running though. I know you're legs are LOVING you right now! I must say, I bet you have abs of steel!!! All those pilates! I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to see or find my abs! Maybe one day! lol!

Hope you feel better soon!!! :flower3:

I saw the pic on the bio thread on the events board. What a great pic of you and your girls!!!

So...I'm thinking Scott's neighborhood is large enough to host a WISH team (maybe WISH Journal Team) 5K or 10K. From the sounds of it, if his house matches the description of the rest of it, I think he could host all of us too... :rotfl: :lmao: Just kidding there Scotty!!!

So Amy...How are you going to train for the 15K? Are you going to maintain a base and then so many weeks before hand start to increase your mileage??? Someone suggested this method to me... :rolleyes1 and I was wondering if you were going to do the same type of thing.

Hope you have a great day!!!
Stacie

omg....that picture is hilarious!! :rotfl2:

You guys are too much!!

I hope you are feeling better soon, and you kick that cold! I am sure a few days off is not going to make a difference!

Hi guys...

Just a quick drive-by update from my world. I'm getting back in the groove FINALLY. And I ran yesterday!!! :cool1: YES...you heard that right...my running sabbatical is OVER! OK...so it was a measly little 2 mile run between the two pilates classes I was teaching last night. :laughing: But I did get the legs moving...put the old treaddie on the hill program for a little added intensity and finished my 2 miles in 18:22. That's a respectable 9:11 pace. :goodvibes

So I'm heading out to teach my morning Fusion Flow class. I *may* head over to my other studio and take a Pilates Reformer class and perhaps hit the elliptical or bike for some additional cardio.

I'm really getting excited about the Minnie. I'm going to train hard to try to PR at the 5K distance...NOT going to put my goals down b/c that usually winds up jinxing me. But let's say that I really need to work on my 5K distance tempo runs in the next few months. I'd also like to finish strong in the 15K...I'm hoping that Scott's speedy pace will help push me to new levels during this race. Sub 9s would be awesome....but I've only done that once at this distance in a training run and I know the weather (heat) will be a big factor.

Thanks for making me laugh yesterday. You guys are hilarious!!! :rotfl: I'll be back later to check on all the shenanigans LOL! Later Gators.

Sub 9s would be awesome....

:thumbsup2 You can TOTALLY do sub 9's for the race! Sounds like a good goal to me :woohoo:

Glad to see that you got back into the running groove last night, nice work!! I'm assuming everything felt good and that's awesome being less than two weeks from Goofy. (ok, like I really have to assume..:rolleyes1 )

Good luck with the class this morning and good luck with your workouts today.

All quiet on the shenanigan front....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter