** Relatives want us to use their points for our T-Giving Stay ** Is this possible??!

Disney World Mommy

Disney Addicted Forever !
Hi everyone, I'm new to this part of the boards, and my hubby's relatives just informed us that they want us to use their points for Old Key West for our T-giving stay because they lose the points at the end of the year. Now here's the dilemma - I just called and our dates are 11/22 - 11/28 and all they can do is this:

11/22 -- 1 bdrm
11/23 -- 2 bdrm
11/24-11/28 -- 1 bdrm

So in other words, their points allow for a 2 bdrm and all we can basicaly get is a 1 bdrm - however "free" is better than "paying" so should we do this?? Our ressies right now include 3 nights at the CSR and 3 nights at the WL (all with AP rates ....)

Personally, I'm looking so forward to trying those two resorts, and hubby wants to stay "free" if possible -- what do you think? And what is the chance of being able to get the 2 bedroom for the entire stay??!! ANy help appreciated!!! :bounce:

I would definitly go with OKW for free! It's a beautiful resort and I'm sure you'll love it. The one bedrooms are VERY roomy. You can have your relatives make the reservation for the 1 bedroom and ask if they can wait list you for the two bedroom. If it becomes available, they will go ahead and make the change for you.

Umm, any chance your relatives would adopt my family? Free is free! I am a BWV owner, but as we all know, reservations there are hard to come by at 7 months out or less, so I have stayed at OKW many times. We actually prefer OKW rooms to BWV, but BWV has location, location, location. If I were you, I would try to split my stay between OKW and VWL(since you like the WL) if there is any availability at VWL. We stayed at CSR this past September, and the rooms just can't compare to a DVC room(the 22-person jacuzzi at CSR was not near as nice as the private jacuzzi in every 1 or 2-bedroom DVC room). Definitely take the points...and don't forget to thank your relatives.

DWM, I'd go with free. OKW is a great resort. Just a thought though, did you know the points could also be used for Villas at Wilderness Lodge as well as the Boardwalk? Have you checked there for availability?

That's what I was going to say... Did you ask member services for a 2 bedroom anywhere or just at OKW. I'd call back and try for either the Villas at Wilderness Lodge or Boardwalk Villas. Because of the point differential you might have to pay cash for one night (you didn't say how many points your inlaws had).

Plus...someone may have cancelled since you called.

I agree with doubletrouble about checking out the other resorts, but a one bedroom isn't shabby. How many are in your party? Also, did you ask about the waitlist?

I say go "free" for this one, put the money away that you would have spent on the rooms anyway and save it for next year at WDW!!!!! Or even better, buy into DVC!!!!

Either way........Have a wonderful time!!

Why not see if you can get VWL and CSR on points? I guess it would depend on how many points you have to work with though....

There really shouldn't be any reason the points need to be used at OKW. Even if they are OKW points they are usable at any of the DVC resorts at this point.

Here's a link to her post on the Resort Board. She got all but one night earlier this week and is waiting for one night.

Disney World Mommy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter