Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge

Well, right now, the market is pretty saturated with Riviera, and its sales are likely far below expectations...for three reasons. 1) The current economy. 2) Coronavirus recovery and 3) resale restrictions. The restrictions likely had a much smaller impact than the economy and the virus, but still contributed to slower sales.

Remember, Disney can still build Reflections at a later time, if the market picks back up, much like they did with Pop Century/Art of Animation. I'm sure Reflections isn't the only major project the company has cancelled or sidelined.

Well, right now, the market is pretty saturated with Riviera, and its sales are likely far below expectations...for three reasons. 1) The current economy. 2) Coronavirus recovery and 3) resale restrictions. The restrictions likely had a much smaller impact than the economy and the virus, but still contributed to slower sales.

Remember, Disney can still build Reflections at a later time, if the market picks back up, much like they did with Pop Century/Art of Animation. I'm sure Reflections isn't the only major project the company has cancelled or sidelined.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they shut down all DVC direct sales around the same time as they shut down the parks. Did I get bad information again? (Won't be the first time)

Thanks; I thought it was something like that. No need to leave them on staff when you don't have the foot traffic.
It's not just that some guides were furloughed. DVC direct sales were fully and completely shut down. Not even phone sales, etc.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I asked my Sales Guide today if he had info on Reflections and whether it has been cancelled. He said that Disney has not provided any information to them as of yet regarding Reflections, but that he'd be surprised if it was cancelled. That based on what he's heard, it's likely to be delayed significantly, but not cancelled.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I asked my Sales Guide today if he had info on Reflections and whether it has been cancelled. He said that Disney has not provided any information to them as of yet regarding Reflections, but that he'd be surprised if it was cancelled. That based on what he's heard, it's likely to be delayed significantly, but not cancelled.
That would be my guess, too. It is likely on an indefinite hold, like Pop Century was, until they converted that section to Art of Animation. It may never be built, but right now, it is doubtful they have any other use in mind for that piece of property. And it isn't like they would want to sell/lease that piece of property, given its location. Unlike Newport Beach which went to Marriott or Eagle Pines (where there is now a Four Seasons) where there was better access.

Probably a totally crazy thought. Disney has not announced an opening date for the Wilderness Lodge hotel side yet, and my understanding is it is not available for 2021 bookings that start today. Yet Boulder Ridge is open, Copper Creek is open, pools, lobby, restaurants (some) are staffed and open. What do you think of the possibility is they are not opening because the they might convert the last remaining half of resort rooms to DVC and Wilderness becomes an entirely DVC resort, instead of moving forward with Reflections?

Probably a totally crazy thought. Disney has not announced an opening date for the Wilderness Lodge hotel side yet, and my understanding is it is not available for 2021 bookings that start today. Yet Boulder Ridge is open, Copper Creek is open, pools, lobby, restaurants (some) are staffed and open. What do you think of the possibility is they are not opening because the they might convert the last remaining half of resort rooms to DVC and Wilderness becomes an entirely DVC resort, instead of moving forward with Reflections?

Not likely.

A more likely reason is that they want to keep the hotel empty in order to have transportation and dining with social distancing for the DVC rooms.

Copper Creek and Boulder Ride are open because they Have to be because they are DVC resorts and owners have a real estate interest in them. This is likely the reason the Wilderness Lodge hotel side is closed. If all 3 were open it would likely be too much capacity. Copper Creek is half of the Main Wilderness lodge building then you have the separate Boulder Ridge Building, So really the whole Wilderness Lodge in total is only at 70% capacity. with WL Hotel side closed. Its likely not open because of Social Distancing.

Great points, had not thought about the social distancing aspect - makes total sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter