>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

I understand that soda requires the mug with the chip, but does coffee, iced tea, etc. also require the chip to activate or just the purchased mug to be filled?

I understand that soda requires the mug with the chip, but does coffee, iced tea, etc. also require the chip to activate or just the purchased mug to be filled?

See the first post in this thread. Anything that comes out of the soda machine (soda, fruit drinks, some iced tea drinks) requires a mug with an activated chip, or the soda machine won't dispense the drink.

The rules of the program require that you use an activated mug to get coffee, tea, etc, but there's no mechanism to verify that the chip is activated.

We just stayed at the all star movies and my youngest dd bought a refillable mug(she was there for cheerleading).
I really didn't check out the mug while we were there so when I went to wash it at home I noticed it wasn't a value resort mug. It had CBR,CSR, and OKW on it. I thought it was strange because I remember reading that each area of resorts would have their own resort specific mug.

I wonder if they ran out already or if it was just a mistake.:scratchin

We just stayed at the all star movies and my youngest dd bought a refillable mug(she was there for cheerleading).
I really didn't check out the mug while we were there so when I went to wash it at home I noticed it wasn't a value resort mug. It had CBR,CSR, and OKW on it. I thought it was strange because I remember reading that each area of resorts would have their own resort specific mug.

I wonder if they ran out already or if it was just a mistake.:scratchin

There are no resort specific mugs. They are all the same no matter where you get them. If I remember correctly, when looking at the mug with the handle on the right there should be signs for the All Stars, AoA and Pop. When the handle is on the left you can see the exit sign for CBR, OKW and CSR.

ETA - I did remember correctly, see the first 3 pictures in the link below.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/...rolling-out-across-walt-disney-world-resorts/

Last edited:
Yep, there's only one single mug design, that's sold at all resorts. You can get different colored handles/lids, but the body of the mug itself is the same everywhere.

So when I go to BWI this July I won't get a mug with the epcot resorts? It will say CBR OKW and CSR?

I thought the different resort names would be on the mugs. I misunderstood.

ETA: I just looked at the mug a little closer and do see other resorts written on there now. I was thinking that the exit sign would say different resorts depending on where you were staying. Thanks for setting me straight.

Last edited:
So when I go to BWI this July I won't get a mug with the epcot resorts? It will say CBR OKW and CSR?

I thought the different resort names would be on the mugs. I misunderstood.

ETA: I just looked at the mug a little closer and do see other resorts written on there now. I was thinking that the exit sign would say different resorts depending on where you were staying. Thanks for setting me straight.

:thumbsup2

Hello, I was wondering where we might stand on this mug situation...

We are DVC members, and staying all over the place while at WDW. We are there for a total of 24 days, and at four different locations - GFV, SSR, DCL (4-nights) and THV. Each stay has a separate booking reference. There are also 16 days between arrival and departure for our cruise. So, if we activate a mug at GFV, will it be active for (1) 4 days of our GFV stay; (2) default 14-days; (3) 16 days (GFV and SSR stay); (4) entire 24-day trip (I'm assuming no to this one, and that disappearing off for a Disney Cruise terminates the length of stay!)

Thanks!

Hello, I was wondering where we might stand on this mug situation...

We are DVC members, and staying all over the place while at WDW. We are there for a total of 24 days, and at four different locations - GFV, SSR, DCL (4-nights) and THV. Each stay has a separate booking reference. There are also 16 days between arrival and departure for our cruise. So, if we activate a mug at GFV, will it be active for (1) 4 days of our GFV stay; (2) default 14-days; (3) 16 days (GFV and SSR stay); (4) entire 24-day trip (I'm assuming no to this one, and that disappearing off for a Disney Cruise terminates the length of stay!)

Thanks!

It doesn't matter about the booking references. When the mug is purchased it is valid for 14 days. If you can show you are still a guest they will usually extend for a further 14 days.

OK, I'm still confused as to what will happen with us. So, if we buy the mug on our first night, it will be valid for 14 days, regardless of how long we are actually staying at Disney? So towards the end of our SSR stay, the mug is just going to stop working? How exactly do we show we are still on vacation? The beautiful old KTTW card clearly stated it, and it was easy to prove. What happens now? Do they scan the magic band? Do I take in my car parking ticket with the dates? Do I reactivate it at the shop or do I go to Guest Relations?

Your Magic Band is your proof of a resort reservation, just take it and the mug to any resort counter service location where the mugs are sold and they can reactivate it for you.

Thank you Lynne M. So do these mugs just have an automatic 14-day expiration then, rather than length of stay? And one further question, so if we buy on the first day, then we will have to reactivate on day 15, which will then see our mug activated for a total of 28 days (14+14)? So effectively covering us when we return from our cruise as well? That would be a great option. We're not bothered about after really, but to have all the way up to would be great.

Thank you Lynne M. So do these mugs just have an automatic 14-day expiration then, rather than length of stay? And one further question, so if we buy on the first day, then we will have to reactivate on day 15, which will then see our mug activated for a total of 28 days (14+14)? So effectively covering us when we return from our cruise as well? That would be a great option. We're not bothered about after really, but to have all the way up to would be great.

The mug activation is advertised as "length of stay" but to make it easy to manage for the masses, the standard activation is 14 days. That length covers most typical stays of a week or less and there's no confusion about what day you're coming or going.

I'd expect yes, you'd end up with 28 days of activation in total.

If I would like hot tea in the refillable mugs are the twinings tea bags out near the hot water dispenser, or will I have to purchase each tea bag separately from the cashier each time I'd like a cup of tea? (even though the refillable mug will have already been paid for)
We were at POR and the teabags were not at the drink station. We simply asked at the cashier and they would give us as many as we asked for. So glad to hear that we can take them back, but wish that the RFID reset fee was actually cheaper, since we aren't buying the mug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter