Recent reports of dining plan kinks with a segmented reservation?

Thanks everyone for all the updates and progress notes..... all the info is very helpful! We are leaving in 6, count 'em , 6 days and can't wait to try this out:banana:

I posted this on another thread, but thought it should be here also, so this is a copy/paste:

We are just back from 7 nights at AKV-Kidani. We segmented our reservation about 2 weeks prior to check in, making our first night deluxe and the following 6 nights as DDP. We checked in about 11 am on Saturday and the young lady checking us in did have trouble with the check in, but she was new and we were the first time she had checked in a segmented reservation. After some time she was able to print all 4 cards, two with charging (me and DH) and two without (our guests). I asked if I needed to get new room keys in the am since we were segmented and she told me I did. She also thought the deluxe would be on current room keys and regular on the new keys, but like I said she was new!
We used the first 8 credits at CG with no issues.
I went to the front desk on Sunday am about 9am and got a different CM to check about the new room keys but she said I did NOT need new room keys, everything was showing on the current key. She also stated that the snack credits in her computer were now murged, not seperate as I thought they would be. I had asked how do I make sure we use the deluxe snack credits that will expire first, do I need to tell the cashier something, but she thought they were now all murged as one set. She did comment that the dining credits were still seperate, 4 deluxe credits left and then all the regular dining plan credits were in a different set.
I had told all the others in our party that we had 2 snack credits each that MUST be used by midnight on Sunday (just in case the front desk was wrong), but they were not wanting but one (I used both of mine by midnight) but the girl at the front desk was correct, they were still available the day after they should have been expired.
We then used the last 4 deluxe credits Sunday night with no issues. We also used a counter service during the day on Sunday from the second portion of the dining plan with no issues.
So basically we had no problems, even had the nice surprise of the snack credits working after they should have expired! I would not recommend trying to use meal credits after they should have expired, but it was nice to have the snack credits carry over!:thumbsup2

Our snack credits from the QSP and DDP carried over too. The meals didn't, but the snack credits held the whole time until midnight of our last meal plan day.

2 night, segmented 1 night each. DxDP on the first night only.

Used the first night KTTW card with no problems. Was told to re-check in and get new keys for the second night but that our dining credits would remain on the old card. NOPE. The dining credits were on the "Room Only" cards.

We only had 1 last dinner left, and asked them to check ahead of time to avoid confusion when we paid the bill.

Tip: keep all keys since you won't know which meals/snacks may or may not carry over.

I really think they should just let you buy the dining plan for a set number of days and have it be good from the day you check in until the day you check. Seems much simpler and it pretty much accomplishes the same thing.

Back from our trip and wanted to report we had no issues at all having the dining plan for the first night of our stay and no dining plan for the next 2 nights. We didn't even have to get new room keys the next morning this was at BLT

Back from our trip and wanted to report we had no issues at all having the dining plan for the first night of our stay and no dining plan for the next 2 nights. We didn't even have to get new room keys the next morning this was at BLT

Our experience has been the opposite!

Not complaining here, as I love the fact that we can segment the plan. I've done it before and it worked okay - not perfect, but okay.

This time - our 3rd night was a deluxe dining plan. We were asked to go to the desk and we did. CM did some computer adjusting, passed us a paper with our credits and said just keep the same cards. Of we went and were able to buy dinner and get our mugs. All seemed smooth until we returned from Epcot late that evening. Keys wouldn't open the room door!

Down to the desk and had to get checked in again - in fact - front desk had to 'rebook' my room...their words not mine. I was handed new keys for the night - yes, just one night, and had to go to the desk again today for new keys for the rest of our stay.

Okay - sounds worse than it was - we are very close to the elevator and the Contemp desk is pretty close as well and the visits were very quick and everyone is so nice here!

It also messed up housekeeping - they keep thinking we're checkouts, but again they have been very nice, even though we weren't scheduled for T&T either. When I told them we weren't checkouts and that we hadn't had T&T, they didn't moan and groan, they got right to it!

The system is lagging, but the people have all been fantastic here at Contemporary and Bay Lake Towers!

Segmenting works for me as I love that I can plan a couple of dinners and wing it the rest of the time. The key changes are a very slight inconvenience until the system gets fixed.

Not complaining here, as I love the fact that we can segment the plan. I've done it before and it worked okay - not perfect, but okay.

This time - our 3rd night was a deluxe dining plan. We were asked to go to the desk and we did. CM did some computer adjusting, passed us a paper with our credits and said just keep the same cards. Of we went and were able to buy dinner and get our mugs. All seemed smooth until we returned from Epcot late that evening. Keys wouldn't open the room door!

Down to the desk and had to get checked in again - in fact - front desk had to 'rebook' my room...their words not mine. I was handed new keys for the night - yes, just one night, and had to go to the desk again today for new keys for the rest of our stay.

Okay - sounds worse than it was - we are very close to the elevator and the Contemp desk is pretty close as well and the visits were very quick and everyone is so nice here!

It also messed up housekeeping - they keep thinking we're checkouts, but again they have been very nice, even though we weren't scheduled for T&T either. When I told them we weren't checkouts and that we hadn't had T&T, they didn't moan and groan, they got right to it!

The system is lagging, but the people have all been fantastic here at Contemporary and Bay Lake Towers!

Segmenting works for me as I love that I can plan a couple of dinners and wing it the rest of the time. The key changes are a very slight inconvenience until the system gets fixed.

Just make sure that you check your points when you get back as others have mentioned things getting a bit mixed up when the resort touches the points.

Have a great trip. We are doing a segmented plan this summer but we have it on the 1st of our 3 BLT nights, and the 1st of our 2 BWV nights. I am hoping that because we are doing the plan on the 1st nights of both resorts it will make it easier.

oh wow..not sure when your last stay was...but it sounds like we were lucky this past weekend...we checked in on May 14th...we're heading back to BCV in Sept and I hope everything goes well there

My DD stayed at the BWV on May 7-14. I bought them the QSDDP for the first night (so they could get their mugs). While they had no problem using the credits for the first 2 days and their room keys worked for their room even after the credits expired, it did mess up their T&T sequence. They arrived on Sat and should have gotten the T&T on Tuesday, but they didn't get it until Wednesday. Also on the second day the housekeeper openned the door and let some "new People" into their room. The new people kept trying to open the door, so the housekeeper helped them. My SIL and GD were taking a nap and my SIL was not too happy about that situation. Can you imagine if he was not there? Seems that on day 2, they thought he had checked out. There seems to be a disconnect here with the front desk and housekeeping. These were also some of the many problems I had in January. I expected it in January (my housekeeping schedule was a mess for my 15 night stay). But that was 5 months ago.

We had a few issues on our trip May 3 - 11. Did 2 nights DDP for our first 2 nights at OKW. No issues. Then we switched to AKV - jambo and had no DDP the first night, DXDP the 2nd night, no DDP the 3rd night. Everything was good until we went to use our final meal credit and they said our cards were deactivated and they had to call AKV. Took about 30 min of sitting in the restaurant, but all worked out.

Then we switched for 3N at AKV - Kidani. Here is where the problem started. We had DXDP the first night, QDP 2nd night, no DDP 3rd night. The keys worked for our mugs and snacks but not for our meals. They had to call the resort for each of our sit down meals. Took 30 - 45 min additional at each restaurant. DH and I took turns leaving with the kids while the other waited for the check. On day 2 and 3 we also had to get new keys since they "checked us out" each day. Fine. I expected that. (we needed new keys to get into our room, the credits carried over after 11 am).

He had mousekeeping come into our room and tell us they had checked us out and reassigned the room to someone else. So again we had to go to front desk. We spent way too much time at the Kidani front desk. This did not happen at Jambo. It was annoying.

Overall I am not sure if I will segment again. We lost alot of vacation time trying to fix issues.

oh wow..not sure when your last stay was...but it sounds like we were lucky this past weekend...we checked in on May 14th...we're heading back to BCV in Sept and I hope everything goes well there

I am here now - today. Haven't checked out yet. This all happened this week.

We had a few issues on our trip May 3 - 11. Did 2 nights DDP for our first 2 nights at OKW. No issues. Then we switched to AKV - jambo and had no DDP the first night, DXDP the 2nd night, no DDP the 3rd night. Everything was good until we went to use our final meal credit and they said our cards were deactivated and they had to call AKV. Took about 30 min of sitting in the restaurant, but all worked out.

Then we switched for 3N at AKV - Kidani. Here is where the problem started. We had DXDP the first night, QDP 2nd night, no DDP 3rd night. The keys worked for our mugs and snacks but not for our meals. They had to call the resort for each of our sit down meals. Took 30 - 45 min additional at each restaurant. DH and I took turns leaving with the kids while the other waited for the check. On day 2 and 3 we also had to get new keys since they "checked us out" each day. Fine. I expected that. (we needed new keys to get into our room, the credits carried over after 11 am).

He had mousekeeping come into our room and tell us they had checked us out and reassigned the room to someone else. So again we had to go to front desk. We spent way too much time at the Kidani front desk. This did not happen at Jambo. It was annoying.

Overall I am not sure if I will segment again. We lost alot of vacation time trying to fix issues.

Sounds like you and I were on the same program! Lucky for me I am not hotel hopping this trip.

Did you note any point discrepancies?

Sandisw above said check points. I just did and found my stays are listed as zero points......no extra in my account though, so I'll wait for awhile and see what happens.

I also looked at my other trips and 'did' find a problem. I am going to call MS and see about that one after breakfast.

Back to vacation now.....

While they had no problem using the credits for the first 2 days and their room keys worked for their room even after the credits expired, it did mess up their T&T sequence. They arrived on Sat and should have gotten the T&T on Tuesday, but they didn't get it until Wednesday.

Also on the second day the housekeeper openned the door and let some "new People" into their room.

Trash & towel is done on day 4, so I think that getting T&T on Wed was correct.

Anytime we are in the room, we always put the chain & the large metal "lock" across the door so that the door can only be opened a few inches.

Trash & towel is done on day 4, so I think that getting T&T on Wed was correct.

Anytime we are in the room, we always put the chain & the large metal "lock" across the door so that the door can only be opened a few inches.

When you check in on Sunday your T&T is on Wednesday, the 4th day counting your checkin day. Since they arrived on Saturday their T&T should've been Tuesday -- but it didn't happen until Wednesday and that is because housekeeping thought they checked out on Sunday and a new family checked-in, which would explain the new family getting assigned their room while they were still in it. Luckily I went through this in January, so expected the housekeeping portion to be messed up. Oh well, what can you do?

I know, I also put the metal lock on, but my SIL didn't because mom and the oldest GD were at the pool, so needed entry later.

When you check in on Sunday your T&T is on Wednesday, the 4th day counting your checkin day. Since they arrived on Saturday their T&T should've been Tuesday -- but it didn't happen until Wednesday and that is because housekeeping thought they checked out on Sunday and a new family checked-in, which would explain the new family getting assigned their room while they were still in it. Luckily I went through this in January, so expected the housekeeping portion to be messed up. Oh well, what can you do?

I know, I also put the metal lock on, but my SIL didn't because mom and the oldest GD were at the pool, so needed entry later.

You can verify your trash and towel day at checkin and request to change it if you like. I started watching this especially on five night stays - invariably it would be scheduled the day before checkout. We usually prefer it a day earlier.

I started watching this especially on five night stays - invariably it would be scheduled the day before checkout. We usually prefer it a day earlier.

This has been our experience to-date, we always check in on Sun and get T&T on Thurs. It doesn't matter if we check out on Fri or Sat, T&T has always happened on Thurs. I didn't realize that we could request it for a different day. We'll start requesting a Wed T&T from now on.

At SSR now, 3 segments with DXDP during segment 2. New cards each segment, credits good until midnight of segment 2 but some how the credits got transfered to segment 3 cards. Card printing did not indicate the dining plan.

Mousekeeping was confused and the Front Desk also doesn't understand the cleaning schedule, but we finely worked things out.

Rain most afternoons and crowd levels 10 out of 10.

:earsboy: Bill

We stayed at AKV June 19-24. We segmented DxDP the first 3 nights, nothing the 4th, and DxDP again on the 5th night. When we booked, she warned that we might have to check out and back in each time. When we checked in, the CM said that since we would be in the same room, we only had to check in once. Our room keys said 6/19-6/24 on them and said "DVC Multiple". The only place we had issues with our card was Planet Hollywood where he didn't believe that I knew we had the deluxe plan. He actually ended up charging the dining plan AND our room for the full amount, but that's beside the point.

I did check with the front desk the night before our third segment. He said everything appeared to be okay but I could check with them in the morning to make sure our credits had loaded. I called in the morning and the guy said that he didn't see them, that I'd have to stop by the front desk. I did so and she said that everything was fine and they were there. She said that the person I spoke with was in the call center and didn't know where to look, that segmenting can confuse people.

If I had just gone with it and trusted that since my room keys said 6/19-6/24 and my confirmation was right everything would be okay, then it would have been seamless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter