really early breakfast?

amw

need a new tag
My east-coast flight to DLR leaves first thing in the morning, and arrives in LAX at noon. My DDs go to bed exactly at 8 pm each night. After a long travel day, I'm sure we'll have problems even keeping them up to dinner time in CA. Thus, I'm sure we'll all be up by 5 am the next morning.

We're staying at the HoJos. Are there any restaurants open on Harbour that early? I think Mimi's only opens at 7. My ideal would be to have a good breakfast, and then head out to the parks for early entry that morning. Is even McDonald's open that early :confused3

There's an IHOP and a Denny's on Harbor and I would guess they are open 24 hours. They are right across the street from the crosswalk you would take to go to Disneyland!

I'm not sure about their hours, but look for Millie's - it is right next to Mimi's. They had the best cinnamon buns! They were open pretty early because my FIL brought us some very early in the morning one day when we were at HOJo's.

Another option that we use/d is to bring those little cereal boxes and a couple of bowls, then buy milk at the gift shop in HoJo's - stick it in your fridge and then they can eat cereal when they wake up. We also had some fresh fruit and juice on hand. Pretty much we never went out for breakfast, only ate in the room.

Carole

yeah...try dennys and also McDonalds is open at 6am I think...Mimis doesnt open till 7am and Millie's is open at 6 am...I know you asked about restaurants along Harbor and I dont know if you are going to have a car but there is a really good restaurant called the Original Pancake House on E Lincoln I think it is and they are open at 6am except for Mondays when they are closed all day...they have specialty pancakes and waffles along with other really good breakfast choices :sunny:

I think you should make a PS for Storyteller's Cafe for 7am, the earliest seating. If you are up by 5, ready and out the door by 6:30, it is a nice walk to the Grand through DTD. The breakfast is character, with Brother Bear, Chip and Dale and such, and if you go super early like that you seem to get great attention, especially with little kids with you.

If you are ready earlier, it is nice to hang in the lobby for a few minutes by the fireplace with adult and childrens rocking chairs. I also love DTD early when it is totally deserted. I know I am weird, but it's so peaceful compared to the rest of the day.

Andrea

IHOP and Dennys are 24 hours.

You're going to miss a lot of the nighttime things with your kids going to bed exactaly at 8pm. You'll have to leave the parks about 7:30, if not earlier. It's not even dark then. Have you considered a mid-afternoon nap and making a vacation exception so they can see Disneyland with all its lights on, Fantasmic and the fireworks?

Can't agree more! Nights are the best times. We ride more rides in the last two hours the parks are open than we do all day long!

Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter