READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the universal FP disappeared from my system. Great. This is after I checked multiple times yesterday to prevent this from happening. Guess another trip to Guest Relations is in order so I can ride but boy is this annoying
@StarGirl11--I've been thinking about you for 2 hours now! Were you able to get on RotR? One thought I had is if for some reason Guest Relations was giving you a hard time, you could show them this thread with a minute-by-minute description (time-stamped) of what you went through yesterday.
Let us know!

How can we find out when the buses start for HS? AK buses yest didn’t start until ~745 And there were extra magic hours at 8am. FWIW. We’re at pop.
I don’t know the reliability but we stayed at Poly and WL. Poly we were able to get on a bus at 5:35 for 7am opening. WL bus was running at 4:55am for 6am opening.
This was during the holiday (dec 23-dec 31).

Did you by any chance happen to try to view resort bus times from the MDE app at your resort? We are staying at POR and I am rather nervous about getting a bus to DHS in time to make it through the tapstiles before BGs are released.

Have the bag check lines been crowded around park opening times this week?

We are going to try to get to DHS on Monday morning from POR.

We will be at DHS in 3 weeks and plan on getting an Uber to DHS from AKL. We don't want to take chances.

Out of curiosity - where do the Uber/Lift people get dropped off? Never took one to the parks before.

Thanks for the info!!! I have three friends and family that aren’t going this trip. I tried to remove them but MDE reads they have active plans or admissions.... they don’t. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the info!!! I have three friends and family that aren’t going this trip. I tried to remove them but MDE reads they have active plans or admissions.... they don’t. Any suggestions?

You need to call Disney technical support to have them removed. I just had to do the same thing earlier this week.

I don't understand how someone who hasn't tapped in the the park is able to get a BG? Doesn't' seem right to me but you're not the first one to say this. Anyone have more information??
I'm also curious about this. I was there on opening day and from what I've heard you HAVE to be in the park to get it to work. I had issues when I was near the tapstiles, because I supposedly wasn't far enough into the park for it to register me as inside. How could someone at the airport get a boarding group?

I'm also curious about this. I was there on opening day and from what I've heard you HAVE to be in the park to get it to work. I had issues when I was near the tapstiles, because I supposedly wasn't far enough into the park for it to register me as inside. How could someone at the airport get a boarding group?
Easy, you give someone at home, at the airport, anywhere, your log in information. They can log in to your MDE account, pick the people that are inside the park and have them join a bg. They will have less people's data/bandwith to compete with, maybe using wifi from home so it should be a more reliable form of joining

Easy, you give someone at home, at the airport, anywhere, your log in information. They can log in to your MDE account, pick the people that are inside the park and have them join a bg. They will have less people's data/bandwith to compete with, maybe using wifi from home so it should be a more reliable form of joining
Just to make this perfectly clear, the person who's at home can't be in the BG. Only people tapped in to the park can be in a BG. @yulilin3 explained the rest.

The tapstyles. You guys say stay to the right, but don’t go right to the end. Is there a no bag line at the right? If not, do you think it will be better to go to a no bag lane or to the right side tapstyles on MLK Sunday?

The tapstyles. You guys say stay to the right, but don’t go right to the end. Is there a no bag line at the right? If not, do you think it will be better to go to a no bag lane or to the right side tapstyles on MLK Sunday?

The bag/no bag lines are security lines. Security is separate from the tapstiles. You go through security first, THEN pick a tapstile/touchpoint to go through. It's the second part where people are suggesting to go all the way to the right (but not the farthest right ones, as they only have 1 touchpoint each vs. 2 at the other spots).

the bag check is a large curve, they have 2 no bags line one toward the right and one towards the left. It doesn't really matter which you pick. The far right is for the tapstiles.

2). Please, please, please either keep your party together or plan to meet them inside the park. The number of people shoving through the crowd to join their party was really annoying!
We have a default rule for entering any parks, especially if we get split up at security, etc.

Meet at the map stand (at the side or slightly behind it, not in the way but clearly seen). Works like a charm. Sometimes there are 2 map stands at park front but they're visible from each other.

The bag/no bag lines are security lines. Security is separate from the tapstiles. You go through security first, THEN pick a tapstile/touchpoint to go through. It's the second part where people are suggesting to go all the way to the right (but not the farthest right ones, as they only have 1 touchpoint each vs. 2 at the other spots).
Ah right. Thanks!

the bag check is a large curve, they have 2 no bags line one toward the right and one towards the left. It doesn't really matter which you pick. The far right is for the tapstiles.

So considering I’m going MLK Sunday, is getting there at 6am, no bag enough to get on the regular BG’s?

So considering I’m going MLK Sunday, is getting there at 6am, no bag enough to get on the regular BG’s?
Should be, but the more conservative answer is: no one knows. Some days the no-bag lines have been longer than the bag lines. Also, there were super busy days over the weekend after New Year's when the BGs were gone after 1 or 2 minutes. Let's hope that doesn't happen again. Also, keep an eye out for change in park hours.

@StarGirl11--I've been thinking about you for 2 hours now! Were you able to get on RotR? One thought I had is if for some reason Guest Relations was giving you a hard time, you could show them this thread with a minute-by-minute description (time-stamped) of what you went through yesterday.
Let us know!

I did the 10k this morning and got back to my hotel and crashed for two hours. Now in line at Guest Relations

We will be at DHS in 3 weeks and plan on getting an Uber to DHS from AKL. We don't want to take chances.
Out of curiosity - where do the Uber/Lift people get dropped off? Never took one to the parks before.
Uber or Lyft is definitely worth the $10 here. And it drops off so close to entrance!

Many people reported going to the bus stop and checking ETA of next HS bus, with Uber/Lyft or Minnie Van ready to go as back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter