READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I also did notice that says that the one day Hs ticket is good through 1/2/22?? So we could use them before that date if we didn’t tomorrow?

I wonder if we'll see a return of first come first served, maybe waiting for the official opening time and allowing people in and the bg would be open by that time. Of course it would make people get in line extra early again

It sure did work for us, riding twice, the following Monday and Thursday after ride opening by getting there at 5:45 AM. Way too early but it was exciting to be a part of it! On Thursday, Dec. 12th, we started to see the “lottery” sneak in because people next to us received a lower number.

It is hard to hear that people that have been perfecting their BG techniques by reading the threads have not been as successful as some because of IT issues, etc.. It seems that they have made quite a few adjustments since opening and hopefully will continue to do so until they find what works.

According to the post from Temp77, who spoke to a CM, the safe bet is to head to RotR first, since the system will read the ME FastPass first. I don’t think you’d need to go through the hassle of the BG process again.
Ahh ok.

They did give us a HS ticket for tomorrow but I read when choosing the Rise ride for the fp that it says you still have to get a boarding group. So technically still no guarantee?
I was told we can ride tomorrow at our convenience.

A multiple experience FP+ can cause an issue if you try to use a pre-booked FP+ early/late/or right on time OR if you have multiple, multiple experience FP+ with different attractions/restrictions. What the CM instructed by going first thing in the morning would ensure you don't lose access to RotR.

With that said, if you wait a whole minute to use a pre-booked FP+ and then scan your band/card (enter queue at 12:01pm for a 12 - 1pm FP+), it should be fine. The multiple, multiple experience FP+ it trickier. Say you have a tier two DHS multiple experience FP+ and only one includes RotR. If you tap into Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular first, there is no way to know which multiple experience FP+ the system will use because both multiple experience FP+ include Indiana Jones. I am also pretty positive if something like this happened that GR would be able to see the issue, remove the second multiple experience FP+, and rectify it.

Can you both join a bg and then also use the fp and ride twice tomorrow? I wonder....
(I’m not there and won’t be at wdw til possibly next year, but just wondering...).

Yes, I finally got mine, along with the fast passes for tomorrow (which did include ROTR, when you click on HS), & some HS tickets we won’t use, since we’re APH. But that gave us hope we can still ride tomorrow, without starting all over with the morning madness.
Can you apply the price of the ticket that they gave you to your next AP renewal?

So if all of the Boarding Groups from today have Fastpasses for tomorrow, tomorrow may be a mess. :yoda:
It’s only the boarding groups that were below 124 that weren’t called that will get FPs. And they will distribute less boarding groups tomorrow in general. I’ve noticed a pattern of the number distributed correlating to both the park hours and the previous days activity.

If BG don’t stick around for a more reasonable amount of time in the mornings once the crowds go, I think it would be almost better to move to a full on lottery system that could be accessed from anywhere. Ration the amount of times a person can enter per period of time, set rules around who can enter (a hotel check in date, a ticket linked for the appropriate dates, an AP that hasn’t won the lottery for the appropriate amount of time) whatever it takes to make it work.

Obviously that comes with many flaws, most notably the higher amount of people who would enter without the barrier to entry, but its not okay that someone can waste an entire day at Disney, arriving exactly when they should be very early in the morning, and not get to ride. It is a lottery at this point, but with a fairly high cost to enter. Maybe it would just be better at this point to lower that entry cost.
I don’t know exactly how it would work, but I don’t completely disagree with this. With such a high demand to ride, it would be interesting if they had some kind of system in place to block you from getting a BG if you’d already gotten one and used one within a certain amount of time. It really frustrates me to see people talking about how many times they got to ride in one trip, or locals already riding multiple times, when there are others who haven’t gotten a chance at all, even when they’re following the procedure and doing everything right. It doesn’t have to be limited permanently, but during this time of extreme popularity and the push to ride, it shouldn’t be wrong to cut people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter