??? Re: Hotel Reservations/Changes

WDWVirgin

Earning My Ears
I'm pretty sure we will be going back to the World next December. I will do everything possible to not have the Griswold vacation we had the first time we went (Mar '00). We will most likely be going during the first week or two of December for approx. 7 nights. Timing and length of stay will depend on best flight schedule and price that I can get. We would like to stay on-site so it will be a value resort (even with the codes I can't see us spending more than we have to for a bed - pools aren't that big of an issue - we live within 30 miles of the Wisconsin Dells waterparks - there's four of us with kids only 8 & 6 so the bathroom isn't an issue either).

QUESTION: Do I book rooms now (would like connecting room for my mother and father who hopefully will join us) for my "best guess" and then change it later or do I wait and book it when I know for sure when we will be going? Our room last time was booked through a travel agency and we had no flexibility. Are there change/cancellation penalties (other than the standard 5 day or whatever)? If there's a place for FAQ regarding hotel booking through CRO, please point me to it. Thanks!

Oops. This question may be inappropriate for the budget board. However, this is the board I have bookmarked and usually find all I need/want to know here. Move it to a better place if you need to. Sorry

I would wait until closer, keep checking for discount codes. We changed ours 3 times this year due to flight coordinations. They only charge if you cancel without the 5 day notice.

5 days, Depending on which kind of room package they require or you chose, and for onsite there is a deposit and payment date to consider also!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter