• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RD RotR for Onsite Guests

la la limon

Mouseketeer
I am planning to utilize that extra half hour as a deluxe hotel guest to ride RotR before the park "opens". Any idea what time we should plan to arrive at DHS so that we can be closer to the front of the line? We will be walking over from the Boardwalk area.

Thanks in advance!

During Christmas week, they were walking us to Galaxy’s Edge 45 min BEFORE the start of the early entry. So we arrived via Disney transportation about 6:30am, went through security, held at the front of the tapstiles until 7:15am and then made our way to the ride and were immediately placed in the que with a huge line forming behind us. This was for an 8:00am Early Entry open. Now, Early Entry is currently starting at 8:30 but if I wanted to be near the front of the pack, I would be at HS no later than 7am or so. Maybe someone will chime in with a more recent experience!

How about with a car? What time will they let us into the parking lot?
I’m not sure as I haven’t driven into the parks in years, but I thought I saw where parking lots opened 1 hour prior to park opening so that would be 7:30ish. I think that would put you behind the initial rush from the skyliner, bus and walkers, but that may be a good question for the transportation board.

About how long are the waits if you use that strategy?

At Christmas we literally walked right on but we were about 30 people from the front. The ride broke down so we technically had about a 10 min wait. BUT the margin of error from walk on to 2 hours is slim…the line of people forming in the que behind us was insane! Once again this was Christmas but when talking about using Early Entry…for an 8:30 Early entry you can’t just get to the park at 8:15 or even 8:00 and expect a 20 min wait. In order to “walk on” that ride I would be there 7-7:15 at the latest and you still won’t be the first in line. I don’t quite know where the “sweet spot” will be on any given day.

Thank you! We are going to try to get there around 7:15 but have two teenage boys with us so crossing our fingers that they can get going early it all works out.

I'm thinking of a similar strategy when I go in April and would be keen to know how it works out for anyone with a similar plan. This is the top thing I want to do on the trip and I don't think I'm alone on that one!

Just back from a week at wdw (2/13-2-20). We rode RotR 3x throughout the week, no ILL. We really wanted to ride it multiple times so we built in trying a few times in case it went down. Luckily it didn’t when we were hoping to ride! :)

Sunday night (got in line around 8:40) and were out by 9:25. Posted wait was 100 minutes.

Monday morning we did early entry. We left BWV at 7:10 and walked over to DHS, so we arrived about 7:25. We were held outside security until 7:30, but were very close to the front (2nd in line at the touchstiles). A little while later they started letting everyone in and we walked to RotR and queued up, still pretty close to the front. They started running the ride before 8:30- we were off and in line for Slinky Dog by 8:55.

Saturday night we got in line at 8:45pm and were again off by 9:30 (posted wait 80 min).

There is only one entrance for DHS then follow the crowd towards Batuu. You'll go towards Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and then veer left. People may veer off at a few different places but they'll all end up at the same spot at relatively the same time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter