RCI Members...Silver Lake info??

cd&kids

DIS Veteran
Sorry to ask this again....posted this question a few weeks back and got only one response (DisneyQuacker...thanks for your help!!). Just wondering if anyone else out there has ever stayed at Silver Lake Resort in Kissimmee.
Mom, dad, three young kids spending a week there April 27 thru May 4 in a 2-bedroom condo....any and all info welcome!!!
(RCI calls it a gold crown resort...but our experience has been that the designation doesn't always mean much!!)

We were going to stay there in June, 2000, but they mistakenly assigned us a studio when we traded in a 2 bedroom. They changed us to Orange Lake (nothing left at Silver Lake). The rep really spoke highly of SL and we've driven by and the exterior looks nice. The best thing I would say is the proximity of SL to WDW. You can see AK and will be onsite at AK within a couple of minutes. You don't have to access 192, but use the backroad to get right on property. You will be much closer to AK than most other WDW resorts and not far from the others. Enjoy and report back to us RCIers that might exchange there sometime.

Lisa

We stayed there in a 2BR last summer. It was nice, with a modern theme. There were mirrors everywhere. One problem is they MAKE you pay a fee ($20 or $25 I think) and sit through a time-share sales pitch. You have to pay the money and if you sit through the talk, you can have 2 tickets for an area attraction. We got 2 SeaWorld tickets.
In 20/20 hindsight, I would have paid the money and not gone to the talk, not good at saying NO. There is a nice large pool, and hot-tub, backetball court, and play area.. The resort is nice, but not enough to sign up for the rest of my life.

We stayed there on our timeshare week several years ago. It was very nice with a large pool area, large indoor activity area and golf. We didn't do any timeshare presentation. I don't think they can force you to do anything on your own time. Just tell them you are not interested. The villas were very nice and were all being refurbished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter