Raise Your Voice: Guaranteed Booking Categories at SSR

I want NOTHING to do with booking catagories. I don't want anything that will make it harder to book a room at the resort.

FB

actually, it might make it easier if you just want to book "a room." Because if an owner calls and can't get their requested booking category they may try another resort at 7 months . . . . leaving more availability in their non-desired location at SSR.

This is exactly why I don't want to stay at SSR until they have booking catagories. I won't stay there until out of fear that we will be put way out in the Boondocks! I like to be close to the main building and the feature pool. With little ones in tow, being a mile away just doesn't work for us.

Got my obligatory phone call from Joy letting me know that she would be passing along my request/suggestion. She also let me know that when we stay at SSR to send her an email and she would "see what she could do" about getting us into whatever section we wanted. I thought that was nice.

I have been following this thread from the begining and really didn't know which way to weigh in on this. Both sides make valid points.

Some people really don't care which section they stay in and that is great! I fly about 3,000 miles one way and we get one vacation a year. Where we stay and the room/view is all part of that for us. I spend the extra points to have the view!

We always take the night flight coming from the West Coast and arrive in the morning. I don't mind waiting to get into a room that I prefer. I don't just take the first room available if it is not where I want to be. I've never really had a problem with that.

Now that I have just found out that all the flights that I normally take on Alaska are no longer available, I think that I would like to have booking catagories!:goodvibes Of course, that is the airline that all my miles and companion ticket are with!:sad2: So, if I want to fly Alaska, I probably won't get to the resort before 8:00pm!:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter