&%@**&%$#@ RABBITS

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
I haven't been a gardening person before, but I started a new garden last year. This past fall, I planted various bulbs, including crocuses. All I can see of my crocus leaves are the ground level nibbled nubs. Short of rabbitcide, how do I keep them away from my plants?

HHEEELLLLPPPPP

TIA ,
Kim
:sad2:

We have the same problem except they eat my varigated liriope. Dang bunnies! We have had luck with sprinkling fox urine around the plants. Most sports stores sell the urine. The only problem is when it rains you have to reapply...as soon as possible or they are out eating again!

Good luck!

i used a product called shake-away www.critter-repellent.com
for this very problem. i found that it worked for a while even after it rained. they also make it to get rid of mice too. i saw one in my garage once (live next to golf course) put the shake-away in the garage and they have never been back. i dont even have to change it as much as they recommend on the bottle. maybe this will help.

I've said it before, I'll say it again....
BEAGLES!

Or, try the fox pee. Smells like, well, you can guess, but it does work.
Personally, if you gotta smell the pee, I'd rather have the beagle.

I sprinkled cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes around the flowers. My husband thought I was nuts, but they haven't been eaten since.

*knocks on wood*

Use chicken wire and make small "rounds" of wire and place around the plants the bunnies eat. I have done it for years, I keep the rounds year after year.

Lock & Load
only kidding :smokin:

"Critter Ridder" works for bunnies here. They get a whiff of that stuff and they move on till it washes away of course. Nothing works on groundhogs :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter