Quikbook problem

momof2boyz2girlz

Mouseketeer
I booked the residence inn lake buena vista north thru quikbook on 1/6 for our march/april trip. I got the 2 bdroom for 105. I received a confirmation from quikbook. It said that I would get another email with hotel confirmation in a few days. Well, i never got anything so i called quikbook yesterday. She said they had my reservation, put me on hold and then said she would e-mail me the confirmation by the end of the day. No word since. As things stand right now, I am thinking about nixing the whole thing and trying to get the country inn calypso cay for that week. I hope I can still find something if they screwed up. Anyone else had any problems with quikbook?

With quikbook, I only received my confirmation from them and that was enuf for me. I was not told and did not expect another confirmation from the hotel. I think it is the same procedure with hotel kingdom.com, too.

It sounds like they have your reservation in the computer. You are not going till end of March. I would be patient and wait for the other paperwork to come.

The 2 brs thru quikbook rates are now $l18 per nite. I have been checking checking dates for myself for 3/3l-4-7 and 2 br are all sold out.

You could make your Country Inn suites as a backup reservation.

Hope it works out for you.

Herc.

Thanks herc, I wouldn't be too concerned except that the e-mail they sent me said I would receive a hotel confimation. When I called quikbook she said I should have gotten another confirmation with a hotel number. She was surprised that I did not have it yet, and said it was sold out for that week now. I hope they did not over book and I end up with a smaller room. I have a family of six so we need larger accomadations.

I would call the Residence inn directly. They can also look your reservation up under your name. I called the hotel to confirm a reservation and the number I had been given by quikbook did not work with their system. They looked up my ressie under my name and they gave me a new number. Luckily I called when I did as quikbook had me down for 4 nights, but RI only had a 3 night reservation. I got on the phone with quikbook who took care of it. I called RI the next day and confirmed my 4 night stay, but I will probably call again today just to make sure.

BigDave

Hi. I just called the Residence Inn directly since realizing I also didn't receive a second email for my April reservation. Anyway, when I made my reservation back in December, I had requested non-smoking; baby has asthma, can't even consider a smoking room. However, they just told me they CANNOT guarantee non-smoking. Can anyone advise what usually happens in situations like this, is nonsmoking usually available? Should I keep the reservation and hope it is, knowing I wouldn't be able to stay if it isn't? Any comments? Thanks!

We used Quickbook for the Residence Inn twice in November and only received the second confirmation from the hotel on one of the two reservations. I called the RI directly and they had my reservation and all was in order, they then gave me their confirmation number. Even with this little problem, I was very satisfied with Quickbook and their prices.

Lorilori:

We have also requested a non-smoking room. When I called they said that it had been noted, BUT did not say they couldn't guarantee it so I would assume that it isn't a problem. I mentioned that my son has asthma. Also the wife cannot stand stale smoke odor. We are going at the end of February and will let you know if the non-smoking room is a problem. We are going to keep the ressie and hope for the best.

I would book another room elsewhere and then keep calling the RI in hopes that someone else gives you the answer you need. Just like with the Disney CM's, each person has different information.

I know that the Homewood Suites which is also on palm parkway guaranteed non smoking the last 2 years we stayed there so you could try them at www.avistahotels.com.

BigDave

I just called the Residence Inn and they have no reservation for me. They took my number and are looking into it. :( I just don't know what happened! I still have my quikbook confirmation, I hope this doesn't get all screwed up and I end up paying for days etc. I am about to cancel and re-book elsewhere. I will let you know what happens. Thanks all.

Okay, I waited all day for the residence inn to call. They never called back. I called quikbook again, they put me on hold and then a man came back and said he is handling my account now. He said he was faxing the hotel and would call me back in an hour. No call! Now, I am probably stuck without any reservations. I am surprised at all of this. I hope they will be able to accomodate me. It is hard to find a place that will sleep a family of six for $105. Oh well, I will probably call them back again tommorow and push their back against the wall. I need to know if I have arrangements for our trip.

Let us know how it works out for you. Keep us posted.

herc

Well, I just got my e-mail confirmation and it is all set. Thank goodness, I was starting to get nervous since it is difficult to find accomodations for a family of six. I am so geeked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter