quick solo trip, MCO to All Star

Lmans77

Mouseketeer
First solo trip...I arrive Sunday at 9:45am, leave Tuesday 12:45pm. Stayin gat All Start Sports. Only luggage is a small personal bag.

I'm doing Epcot Sunday and MK Monday. Would like to expedite my arrival to resort and Epcot.

For airport transportation should I...
Uber/Lyft
Mears
rent a car

From the time you reach the transportation level until you're moving:

Mears could take 30 minutes - sometime less.
Rental car could take 20/30 minutes from counter to sitting in the car.
RideShare is typically 10 to 20 minutes until you're in a car.

People will have different experiences - some double the times I mentioned. I don't believe you will see a difference arrinving at the All Stars resorts of more than 10/15 minutes no matter which of the three you choose.

Honestly when we don't have a car we like to just grab a taxi from the taxi stand. It's a little more expensive than uber/lyft but they are right there. We've never had to wait and have always enjoyed the drivers.

An option is to just Lyft to the parks and get a locker. Then take the bus to the hotel at the end of the night. I've taken a Lyft to the airport from a park plenty.

Car rental will only be faster if you have skip the counter privelages. Uber/Lyft will be the fastest, and you could choose to go straight to the park if you only have a personal item that could fit in a locker.

Multiple solo trip taker here - I use Lyft b/c it's fast and tends to be a little cheaper (I will check both uber and lyft just to see...many drivers drive for both). I have rarely had to wait more than ten minutes for a ride, usually it's like 5 minutes.

I like to drop my things off at the resort before heading to a park, because even when I'm carry on only and it's just a backpack, I don't want to drag my personal belongings around. It also helps transition me into the Disney mindset, and not the travel mindset.

Have fun!!

Cheapest will be Mears or Sunshine Flyer (about $32 roundtrip). Fastest will be rideshare or taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter