quick question on adhesive...

rsjj

DIS Veteran
what type of adhesive should i use? i am making invitations for a baby shower. am using cardstock. anything you can recommend? or would work well? thank you in advance! :flower:

how big are the pieces you are gluing? I'm a big fan of the Xyron creata-a-sticker machines...used them on our wedding favors! :) There's virtually no mess like if you were to use a glue stick, liquid adhesive, spray mount, etc. Also, you get sticky on your entire piece, not just strips like double stick tape.

hth! :)

i have to glue the sides to make like a pocket thing. and need to matt the info thing (cardstock) onto another color cardstock. can i use those adhesives thing for scrapbooking? like the ones you use to stick photos onto the papers? or should i use something else?

thanx for the link. the mono adhesive...is that only for paper projects? or is that the same thing as for photos?

again, thank you!! :flower:

If you need to glue your card together then mono makes a power bond tape thing like the one in the link i showed you. just dont make any mistakes if you use this because there is no turning back once two peices of paper come together! I use the mono adhesive for all my scrapbooking, and yes it is photo safe.

Also, if you are needing to cut the mats for your cards either buy a personal paper trimmer or go to your local scrapbook store and ask to use theirs so you get a even edge.

I totally agree about the paper trimmer, but I would get a rotary trimmer(Fiskars makes one, but I have a Carl). I first got an el cheapo $12 or $15 razor paper trimmer and it didn't cut straight. Here's the Carl, and they come in larger sizes too:

They're about 40 bucks, but worth it. I ran out and got one for wedding stuff, and you get a clean, straight line. Ok, if you have one already, sorry! LOL

Oh, and I think for what you are doing, that Mono glue thing that disneyfreakk posted will work great. :)

cryssi,

Does that rotary trimmer lock down or does the clear part flip up and down without locking? I bought the fiskars rotary trimmer and I HATE it! I might look into this one because I have noticed that I have to be careful in order to make straight lines with my fiskars personal trimmer, but it is so much easier to use than that crap that i bought the first time.! LOL

TIA

disneyfreakk,

nothing flips up, you slide your paper underneath that bar area, press down hard on the cutter (that blue rectangle pad) and slide it down. There is a self-healing strip underneath the blade that is replaceable. I bought this one b/c DH's cousin had one. I saw it at Staples the other day on sale for 19.99, actually, so you might want to check that out. I paid 39.99. The straightedge, since it does not flip up and down doesn't move, which is probably what you are looking for! :) They also have an 18" cutter, which will be a bit more expensive (I have the 12").

We trimmed our DVD inserts, programs, placecards, and table names with it, and everything came out looking nice, straight, and professional. :) good luck and let me know how it goes! :)

c

thank you cryssi I will look into that! I have the fiskars rotary trimmer ... it has grey foam where you are supposed to slide the paper through, was I supposed to take that off?? LOL, maybe thats why my paper wont slide through!

We dont have a staples here so I will have to shop around for one. Thank you agian for your help! And I dont mind spending a bit more for a quality tool that I plan on using forever! ;)

here's the page on staples.com for all the CARL trimmers. note that you can get the "heavy duty" ones for $100+ LOL

CARL trimmers

here's mine.

oh hey! it's 19.99 on the staples site...even with shipping it might be worth it!

You do have to periodically replace the blade and cutting mat strip, but here's a tip, you can turn the strip 4 ways before you have to replace it - rotate it like a mattress...top to bottom, back to front...does that make sense? :)

disneyfreakk said:
If you need to glue your card together then mono makes a power bond tape thing like the one in the link i showed you. just dont make any mistakes if you use this because there is no turning back once two peices of paper come together! I use the mono adhesive for all my scrapbooking, and yes it is photo safe.

Also, if you are needing to cut the mats for your cards either buy a personal paper trimmer or go to your local scrapbook store and ask to use theirs so you get a even edge.

thanx!! am heading out to michael's to get the mono adhesive thing. will also look into that powerful bond tape thing you mentioned. but i don't think i'll need that super powerful stuff...

and i do have a paper trimmer thing. a big one, and a personal little one.

again, thanx you guys, for all the info & suggestions!! really appreciate it! :flower:

Cryssi,

I lucked out and found one at Sams for $21-$22 !!! YEA! I havent used it yet, but its REALLY nice! Thanks agian for your help.

excellent! I hope you like it, let me know!

rsjj - sorry for turning your thread into one about paper cutters! lol let us know how the invites come out! :)

c

two thumbs up :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 for Mono Adhesive Dispenser & Refill ... I just used that for all of my wedding save the dates ... I have also used good old double sided scotch tape for card making ... it seems to also work great ... the mono is just quicker! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter