Quick question..Christmas Decorations...

KDawnLily

<font color=CC99CC>One heck of a DIS TF poet!<br><
So we are Booked for Nov 9-20 this year... I saw the Holiday Decorating schedule and we will be there for when most of the decorations are being put up..
Does anyone know if they actually light them up during those times?
We have never been during the holiday season at all.. and we weren't really expecting to see any of the holiday decorations.. but it sure would be nice.
:Pinkbounc
TIA

I don't think they light any of the decorations until the day after Thanksgiving. They are beautiful. Maybe some day you can make a trip when they are all lit up. It's a site to see. :D

Last year, we arrived at the Poly around 11:30 p.m. on Nov. 8th. There were many trucks and large crates at the entrance to the GCH, and we wondered what was going on. We soon found out that they were Christmas decorations! Seemed a little early to me and many others. We listened to hawaiian Christmas tunes piped throughout the resort and pools throughout our entire stay. Think we knew them all by heart by the time we left. There was a lot of repetition going on! :)

On November 2nd last year, my daughter and I were shopping at Downtown Disney. We had shopped there a few days prior, but this time there was something different. I listened to the music playing in the store we were in and noticed that it was Christmas carols. I then looked around the store and noticed that Christmas decorations had gone up. I began laughing to myself, as I had not seen that during any of my prior early-November vacations. I was very surprised. Please note, I only noticed that in one of the Downtown Disney stores (the World's largest Disney store), but my guess was that the other stores were going to be decorated very soon (my vacation ended the next day, so I cannot state that for a fact).

I have gone to WDW the Sat. before Thanksgiving a few times and stayed through the following week, and *lots* of decorations were already up, but like someone said, most go up Thanksgiving night. I remember going to a special showing of the Osborne lights at MGM on the Sat. before, which this year will be November 22nd, so I bet you will see some, if not all of the decorations if you are going to be there til the 20th.

KDawnLily, just curious... what Holiday Decorating Schedule were you referring to? where can i take a look at this schedule? i'm very interested.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/decorating.htm

Here is the link for the decorating schedule.

I'm very very hopeful that we will get to experience all the Chirstmas Celebrations at Disney for Christmas 2004.
At least we will see some of the decorations. Thanks all for your help.

:D :Pinkbounc

I think you can rest assured that any decorations that will be up while you're there will be lit. Disney just doesn't do things halfway. When our children were small we use to start our trips the Sunday after Thanksgiving. One night during the course of those trips the MK (and Epcot once it opened) as well as the few resorts that were there in those days would be decorated overnight. It was so magical!

These days with 4 parks and so many resorts they spread out the decorating but what goes up will be shown in it's full glory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter