Quick Breakfast Ideas

JayMass

Dis Dad #871 Disney Deadhead
Just curious what people's favorite ideas for a quick breakfast are on park days? My fam of 4 (DW + teens) doesn't want a sit-down breakfast, just something quick and hopefully inexpensive. We are staying at the Swan and don't have a car this time around.

If you're wanting really cheap and quick we like to get poptarts, mini donuts, etc from walmart (you can uber there and back)

How about the night before getting some cereal/milk and pastries etc from the store on the boardwalk ( bring some paper plates & cutlery with you)- cereal prices were a little higher than at a supermarket but not too bad and store the milk in the fridge and have it before leaving the room? I personally had the sit down breakfast which kept me going round the parks until a late lunch

Just curious what people's favorite ideas for a quick breakfast are on park days? My fam of 4 (DW + teens) doesn't want a sit-down breakfast, just something quick and hopefully inexpensive. We are staying at the Swan and don't have a car this time around.
When staying at the Swan, the easiest and relatively inexpensive spot is Fuel over at the Dolphin. Pastries, egg sandwiches, bagels, etc. Pretty good coffee too. Fuel at The Dolphin - this is their Yelp! page to get a good idea of what they have.

We like the boardwalk bakery, you could do that on your walk to Epcot or the skyliner if you head that way. You can also do the quick service inside the swan, can't recall the name but they have a lot of decent grab and go options.

Neither are what I'd call budget friendly but aren't overly expensive either. If you want to really keep things budget friendly, you could do in room breakfast and just do bars, instant oatmeal with hot water from the coffee maker, protein shakes, some fruit, etc. I know everyone has different ideas of inexpensive so just covering all options. We also do something in the room sometimes since we don't always feel like eating first thing in the morning and then grab an earlier lunch at the parks.

Java in the lobby of the Swan opens at 6a and has good coffee, breakfast sandwiches, and grab and go items. Fuel across at the Dolphin is slightly bigger but Java has been great every time I've stayed there. The line usually moves pretty quickly too which is nice. https://swandolphin.com/dining/java/

I like to keep some quick options in my room like whole grain hot cereal (hot water from coffee pot) or protein bars, even tortillas and peanut butter. (easy items that I can transport with me in my suitcase) or purchase easily once I reach my destination are usually the bigger consideration.

My best tip is think outside the box. No one says you have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. A sandwich (pbj) or cheese/meat/crackers while not typical morning food can be a great option to fuel up in the mornings.

I admit I do not normally like sugared cereal or poptarts or candybar type granola bars for breakfast (Sugar or Carb only options added to the heat seems to make a spike/crash more likely with me anyway) but with a fridge in room cereal and milk is something I've done, I just try to pick the best cereal choice for me.

If I do want to just pick up stuff on a day to day basis, I love the grab and go sections of the counter service resturants and a lot of the carts in the parks do have some easy options.

Sometimes we get to the park, get one or two big rides in, then stop for a quick breakfast pastry or sandwich like the one at Friar's Nook which was surprisngly good and came with tater tots. My husband and I shared it and it was plenty for us.

Swan and Dolphin have Java and Fuel. I've only been to Fuel, but it's open early and it has fantastic sandwiches (hot breakfast sandwiches, too) that are well worth the prices. You are also within easy walking distance to that Speedway gas station that everyone says has plenty of stuff for room snacks to load up on. You'll also have the general store thing at Boardwalk, and Picabu at Dolphin has some packaged things as well. If it's open, I'd suggest Picabu for simple, quick, hot breakfast as well.

My best strategy for my fam is buying a few boxes of non sugar laden cereal, fruit, and trail mixy type things along with paper bowls and plastic spoons, and some form of milk for the room fridge. The shelf stable milk works best - you can leave one in the fridge and leave unopened ones somewhere else to save fridge space. We are early risers, so we get a decent non sugar crash inducing breakfast in before we leave the room in the am and hit rope drop ready to rock, then we do early lunch and early or late dinner to avoid crowds everywhere the entire day. Stop at a grocery store on your way. Most car services, and rideshares are completely aware of ppl wanting to stop for groceries on their way to Wallyworld.

We prefer a quick breakfast on park days as well. I order groceries and we eat in the room before we leave. Things like pop tarts, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, fruit, etc…

We also use the opportunity to order bottled water and any other snacks that we want to have on hand for after we get back from the park.

Just to add. Depending on when you're going, I found that hydration was actually more important than food sometimes. If it's hot you're going to be sweating a lot. So I agree that getting water in the room so that you can hydrate beforehand is a great idea.

I take those little sleeves of water additives. You can get ones with electrolytes (I have the Gatorade Zero and Walmart/Target branded as well) and that will help keep you feeling good in the heat plus the flavorings push the water intake on those who don't normally prefer water.

Also I really like what used to be called Carnation Instant Breakfast. Tastes good, helps push fluids, gives you a little extra fuel in the mornings and not as gritty as protein powders. It comes in envelopes and you just add milk (or in my case I add it to my coffee or morning ice water).

We have Premier protein drinks delivered to the hotel as well as luna bars. The premier drinks fit easily in the fridge and my kids (8 and 10) love them.

We like buying a box of Uncrustables and eating those for breakfast (provided of course you have a car or are planning to go to a store). I throw them in my bag frozen and about an hour or so later when we are ready to eat they are thawed. The peanut butter provides at least a little protein.

We like buying a box of Uncrustables and eating those for breakfast (provided of course you have a car or are planning to go to a store). I throw them in my bag frozen and about an hour or so later when we are ready to eat they are thawed. The peanut butter provides at least a little protein.

Almost all the food courts and counter services at the resorts carry these so easy to grab and go if needed. I've gotten them the night before then eaten them for breakfast a few times.

Also remember that most quick grab and go things (granola bars, uncrustables, pre-packaged pastries/donuts, etc.) can all be brought in your luggage if you have space. Then you wouldn't have to worry about going to a store to get those things once you are there.

Almost all the food courts and counter services at the resorts carry these so easy to grab and go if needed. I've gotten them the night before then eaten them for breakfast a few times.

Oh I know, but you can get a box for the price of one sandwich on property! I bought a banana before a RunDisney event and it killed me to pay $2 for ONE banana! (yes I spend thousands on a vacation but this stuff drives me nuts lol)

Oh I know, but you can get a box for the price of one sandwich on property! I bought a banana before a RunDisney event and it killed me to pay $2 for ONE banana! (yes I spend thousands on a vacation but this stuff drives me nuts lol)
LOL me too. To be super quick I put cereal in a bag and eat while I wait for a boat or bus.

Yeah I prefer not to spend the food court prices, but it's nice for those times where I realize I have to hustle in the morning and grabbing a quick (but expensive) grab and go item to make the morning easier last minute is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter