Questions on Marriott Grande Vista

AFamilyLikePoohs

Earning My Ears
Hello. We are seeking help from the DIS community. Our problem: we have reservations at the Vistana Resort for May. However, we are thinking of changing them to stay at the Marriott Grande Vista instead.

Although a majority of the reviews on the DIS board of the Vistana Resort have been favorable, we have read a number of unfavorable reviews on another website (ie, TUG). Our concerns about the Vistana relate to the inconsistent appearance of the buildings, lack of elevators at some buildings, and (especially) condition of some of the villas. Even if we request a specific building, we could not be guaranteed that our request will be fulfilled. We have done some research and think that we may be happier at the Grande Vista.

Our questions on the Grande Vista:
1. How long of a drive is it to the WDW parking lots from the resort? We will be spending most of our time at WDW.

2. It seems like we will take I-Drive to SR536 to get to WDW. How much traffic can we expect at 8:30 in the morning on these roads? (We do not do "commando-style" touring.) Are there a lot of traffic lights?

Your help and advice is appreciated. We are long-time browsers of this site and this is our first post.

Answer to #1: Probably about 10 minutes as harryo said, though it may be a tad longer to MK parking lot. Depends how you hit the traffic light at 535/536.

Answer to #2: We were just there week of 3/10 and did not have a difficult time at all crossing over to go southbound on I-drive to 536. To be honest, we never encountered what I would consider heavy traffic in the vicinity of Grande Vista to WDW. Our midweek trip from Animal Kingdom to downtown Orlando on I-4 was a much different experience. Avoid I-4!;)

Sharon

The Grande Vista is a gorgeous resort and I really enjoyed my stay there. The rooms somewhat reminded me of Old Key West's layout in WDW. The grounds are gorgeous too and the pool is fun.

Now to answer your questions.....

#1...The drive varies....The route that we took seemed to take between 10 and 20 minutes to the parks (I don't remember which one was closest).

#2 I remember that at times there was traffic and it seemed we crossed I Drive at one point, as you note in your question. For some odd reason I was videotaping the ride into the parks (I enjoy the Disney property signs :D ) and on the tape we are sitting on I Drive waiting. That was the only downfall to staying offsite, because when you hit the traffic it could take awhile I thought. However, the peace and quiet of the Grande Vista was great. We really enjoyed our stay..

We also ate at Nick Faldo's restaurant and it was very good :)

I love TUG and I own a Mariott on HHI so I may be biased...;)

I think Grande Vista would be a much better choice. I was in Orlando this past week and we passed GV as we headed down International Drive which curves and go straight into the park entrance. It is an excellent location. I actually enjoy passing the purple signs to the different areas at WDW once you pass under the main sign. It builds the excitement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter