Questions from a first time DVC Renter (AKV Kidani)

ajfd

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping this is the right forum for this.

We have rented DVC points from another member for our family trip in a few weeks and will be staying in a 1 BR AKV Kidani standard view room. This is our first time going the DVC rental route so we have a few questions.

What kinds of cleaning supplies are in the unit? For example, should we add paper towels and spray cleaner or clorox wipes to our grocery order or would something equivalent probably be there?

Can we call with room requests or does that have to be done through the member we are renting from? We are hoping to be near the pool (buildings 3 and 4 from the lobby on the pool side). Is there anything specific we should ask for?

Thanks,
- Tony

The owner that you are renting from should help you with your room requests and be available to answer your questions, IMO that is what you are paying them for.

:earsboy: Bill

Based on our experiences, the villa will have paper towels, one small bottle of dish soap, packets of dishwasher powder, and one box of laundry detergent. They also have hand towels and a sponge in the kitchen.

As far as I know, only the member can make the room requests through member services.

Based on our experiences, the villa will have paper towels, one small bottle of dish soap, packets of dishwasher powder, and one box of laundry detergent. They also have hand towels and a sponge in the kitchen.

As far as I know, only the member can make the room requests through member services.

Agreed. These are the items we got as well. The only thing we wished we had more of is the laundry detergent (they had only one box - good for one wash).
There is no disinfectant spray or wipe. We don't use use those, but if you need them, you will need to buy them.

The only thing we wished we had more of is the laundry detergent (they had only one box - good for one wash).
OP, as tpsh007 points out the box of laundry soap provided is one of those small single-load boxes. You will get another one on your trash and towel day. You can also purchase larger containers of laundry detergent in the store off the lobby. There should be single-load boxes for sale in a vending machine in the laundry room if you just need enough to do another load.

We had that exact room catagory when we stayed there 2 years ago. We also requested a pool view and to be near an elevator as my father-in-law was planning to visit a couple of days and he has mobility issues. We could see small amounts of the pool. Mostly the buildings tops surrounding it. However we were located at the end of the savanah. We could actually see more of that than the pool. There was a giant vulture who always slept nearby. So we woke up every morning to see him walking around underneath the balcony. I think I would call it a partial savanah partial pool view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter