Questions about City Walk, IOA and Portofino Bay

Familyof14

DIS Veteran
Is City walk free with a stay at PBH? How late does it stay open? Can you get there directly from IOA or would we have to go back to the hotel first?

Also, is IOA opened in the rain? I read where they might close down the roller coaters if it rained. I sure would hate to book the Portofino just for the FOTL pass and not be able to use it. :eek:

The boat from the PBH will take you to City Walk. (Actually, it will only take you to City Walk.) From there it's an easy walk to either UO or IOA.

Admission to the clubs is free before 8 or 9 pm, depending on the club. After that you will have to pay a cover or buy a City Walk Party Pass like everyone else (no breaks for on-site guests, just for APHs). What kind of ticket are you getting? The 5-day Bonus pass already includes your Party Pass. APHs get a 20% discount on the Party Pass.

If you're going to one club that charges a cover, it's cheaper to pay the one cover. If you're going to two clubs or more in one night, it's better to buy the party pass. I think if you're in Pat O's before 9, you can stay after 9 without paying a cover.

Click here to see what clubs charge a cover, how much, and what time they start charging it:

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/citywalk/entertainment.html

We will only be staying two nights with a one day IOA pass.

If we do go to City Walk with our adult children, it will be after the parks close and we would only want to look around and go to one bar.

Thanks for the link! You have been very helpful to me. :)

Originally posted by Familyof14
Also, is IOA opened in the rain? I read where they might close down the roller coaters if it rained. I sure would hate to book the Portofino just for the FOTL pass and not be able to use it. :eek:

Yes, it stays open but some attractions will close down for safety reasons. We spent a great day at IOA two years ago in July. It rained almost the entire day but in true theme-park fanatic style, we donned our ponchos and kept going.

The rain kept the heat and the crowds down. We practically walked onto just about every ride. When the rain got heavy, we took a break in Jurassic Park and had coffee & hot chocolate. The kids (11,11 & 9 at the time) explored the dinosaur exhibits and we adults rested our bones. The coasters re-opened when the rain stopped and there was no wait for getting in the front row for the dueling Dragons and Hulk.

We didn't need FOTL but we weren't staying onsite then, so it worked out well for us. We stayed until the park closed.

I purchased the 5 day pass for the price of 2. Is this the 5 day bonus pass that includes the citiwalk club admission or is that a different 5 day pass? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter