• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about ADR's

Disneytinker

Mouseketeer
Hi Sorry to make a new post :flower3: as i do know there is loads of information.

I was just wondering we are going to Florida next year and want to make some ADR's and i have a couple of questions.

I want to attend The Crystal Palace for breakfast, is it ok to book even if we are off site?

Also say we have breakfast reservations for 8.30, do we just turn up at MK 20 mins early and show them the reservation, and then we are we allowed in? Or do you have to be inside the restaurant 20 mins early not just in the park? Sorry confused

Thanks guys :hug:

You don't have to stay onsite to get reservations. You get to book farther out if you are staying onsite though.

Sorry I have no insight to your second question though.

Have a great trip!

For your second question, you are asked to check in at the restaurant 15 minutes prior to your ADR time so you'll want to get to the gate a little earlier then that. For an 8:30 ADR I would plan to get to the MK at 8:00 am - you can stroll to the restaurant and take some main street pictures without the crowds. There will be a turnstile allowing guests with ADRs early entrance. I would have your ADR# available to show the CM if they ask.

You don't have to stay onsite to get reservations. You get to book farther out if you are staying onsite though.

You can? I am staying at BLT from 11/23/2010 - 11/28/2010. I thought the furthest out I could book my meals was 180 days. Also can I book my whole trip as soon as my first day reaches the 180 day mark? Or do I have to wait each day and call back? I'd like to make my thanksgiving ressie at the earliest possible time.

You can? I am staying at BLT from 11/23/2010 - 11/28/2010. I thought the furthest out I could book my meals was 180 days. Also can I book my whole trip as soon as my first day reaches the 180 day mark? Or do I have to wait each day and call back? I'd like to make my thanksgiving ressie at the earliest possible time.

You can book your ADRs 180 days prior to your arrival date but at that time you can make ADRs for the first 10 days of your trip.

Thanks everyone, i cant wait to see main street nice and quiet :cloud9:

Sorry one more question, when i reserve online do they just give me a reservation code and i write it down and take it with me?

Thanks

You can book your ADRs 180 days prior to your arrival date but at that time you can make ADRs for the first 10 days of your trip.

Ok, so the extra perk to onsite guests is that you can book 10 days forward from your arrival date? You can't book at 190 days out from your arrival date? I think I get it.

So my first day is 11/23 which makes my 180 day mark 5/27. However I can book for all 5 of my days starting on 5/27 because I'm staying on site? How will the online ADR system know I'm staying on site (I'm staying using my DVC points)?

I'm not sure how it works when you're staying on DVC points because to get the plus 10 to open up you have to put in your reservation number and I don't know if you have one with DVC stays. Hopefully someone else will know.

Ok, so the extra perk to onsite guests is that you can book 10 days forward from your arrival date? You can't book at 190 days out from your arrival date? I think I get it.

So my first day is 11/23 which makes my 180 day mark 5/27. However I can book for all 5 of my days starting on 5/27 because I'm staying on site? How will the online ADR system know I'm staying on site (I'm staying using my DVC points)?

Exactly!! I never book ADRs so far in advance so I don't know how to link your resort reservation number to the online ADR system.

I'm not sure how it works when you're staying on DVC points because to get the plus 10 to open up you have to put in your reservation number and I don't know if you have one with DVC stays. Hopefully someone else will know.

Yes, you get a reservation number when you book a room using DVC points.

I just checked and there is a reservation # on my confirmation document. I guess I can use that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter