$$$$ question

I am going on the 28th so I know what you mean about the exchange rate. I know that when I ordered money at travelex and picked it up at the airport I could buy more money at the rate I had already paid for so that meant that I could get more if it was a better rate.

I've just had a look on first choice and it looks like the dollar is round about 1.22 now that we're out of the EU

Right now the $ rate is going to be pretty bad, as the stock market will be all up in the air and stuff now that it's confirmed we're to exit. Give it a couple weeks (maybe more) to let the news sink in/die down and it may climb a little better then :-)

euro has won 6% over the pound (wish it had happened last year when my balance in pounds was due ... I paid at £0.71 and it's now £0.81 ... sheeeeesh ...)
euro is down 3% to the dollar, as it's hit by the shockwave of speculation and overreaction

yeah I know my friend, who cares about euro, but let me use this occasion to say that, from the other side of the channel, we still love our insular neighbors, even if they keep insisting on driving on the wrong side of the road :p

wether you voted to stay or leave the EU, we'll still meet at Disneyworld, and it's all that matters. (no politics here, just frienship and respect)

cheers.

Right now the $ rate is going to be pretty bad, as the stock market will be all up in the air and stuff now that it's confirmed we're to exit. Give it a couple weeks (maybe more) to let the news sink in/die down and it may climb a little better then :-)
It's not about the news dying down or the currency traders forgetting about it.

With every small detail changing, like if inflation happens too quick, or trade agreements not being made quickly, it's gonna be a very tough few years till we are full out of the EU.

It was always going to drop because of the brexit situation as thats because of the panic and worry from the banks etc. It will steady itself out within a few weeks I imagine. Remember, its all about the confidence of other nations that drives the exchange rate up and once that confidence comes back, the exchange rate will climb back up. I don't expect it to get as high as it was before we voted, but it won't be as low as it is now.

It was always going to drop because of the brexit situation as thats because of the panic and worry from the banks etc. It will steady itself out within a few weeks I imagine. Remember, its all about the confidence of other nations that drives the exchange rate up and once that confidence comes back, the exchange rate will climb back up. I don't expect it to get as high as it was before we voted, but it won't be as low as it is now.
It will go up and down based as and when trade deals are agreed, best thing is just to buy it when you need it. Not much else you can do!

It will go up and down based as and when trade deals are agreed, best thing is just to buy it when you need it. Not much else you can do!

Totally agree. If there is a holiday planned for any of us, we just have to buy currency when we think it's the best time to do so.

I've got a trip to Disneyland Paris coming up at the start of September and I've got to time it right for when I buy my Euro's for that trip. Nothing more we can do really.

If anyone happens to be going on a RCL cruise (any region) you can buy obc and then cash out what you don't spend- last year I bought enough to do out xmas florida holiday, as they tie in their rates for a whole year (last year I got $1.7 to the £). Yesterday, I bought for our next cruise at $1.45 (I now plan to buy more for our next us trip). Not sure, if given the circumstances, they will change their rates soon- but if anyone has a cruise booked buy now (princess/ carnival/ celebrity) do a similar thing but I don't know their rates at the moment.

I brought £1000 at 1.48 before just before it hit 1.5! That night. And so wish I had brought another £1000 as we have universal hotel to pay off and its in dollars when we arrive, so I'm praying for anything over 1.4 to make my trip not suddenly far more expensive,
We also have a wk a disney booked through a Dreams, but if the rate doesn't go bk up I can not see us keeping it, as all our hotel costs have risen by a couple of hundred each wk.

I brought £1000 at 1.48 before just before it hit 1.5! That night. And so wish I had brought another £1000 as we have universal hotel to pay off and its in dollars when we arrive, so I'm praying for anything over 1.4 to make my trip not suddenly far more expensive,
We also have a wk a disney booked through a Dreams, but if the rate doesn't go bk up I can not see us keeping it, as all our hotel costs have risen by a couple of hundred each wk.

Whats it at the moment? around 1.3 to the pound, yeah?

A 20c to the pound change in rate is only $200 difference on £1000 exchange.

That's not as bad as a £200 increase

If anyone happens to be going on a RCL cruise (any region) you can buy obc and then cash out what you don't spend- last year I bought enough to do out xmas florida holiday, as they tie in their rates for a whole year (last year I got $1.7 to the £). Yesterday, I bought for our next cruise at $1.45 (I now plan to buy more for our next us trip). Not sure, if given the circumstances, they will change their rates soon- but if anyone has a cruise booked buy now (princess/ carnival/ celebrity) do a similar thing but I don't know their rates at the moment.

Hi can you please explain a bit more? What is obc ? We have a booking with carnival later this year

No
A 20c to the pound change in rate is only $200 difference on £1000 exchange.

That's not as bad as a £200 increase

No its not, but unfortunately the way we have booked our hotels, we have £4500 to pay out in dollars on arrival or just before, which does shoot it up by a decent amount, plus we won't get quite as much spending money, and it was supposed to be a cheap trip.

Hi can you please explain a bit more? What is obc ? We have a booking with carnival later this year
Hi if you book your cruise in the UK (ie not through a us agent) you can usually buy credit on board . I can't remember what the number is for carnival - try cruise critic someone there will know it. Or just try phoning the booking number and ask them how you buy On board credit. Check the exchange you are getting before you buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter