Question on borrowing points

cruisinpenguin

I Love...Penguins
I know someone might have the answer to this?? Hubby and I joined DVC last year, July 2000 our home is Vero Beach!! (if our home could be DCL that would be even better)!! Anyhow, we used all our points for 2001 and borrowed some from 2002 when we cruised this past February. I believe we have 45 points left in 2002...my question is will we have those 45 points in 2002? I'm not really sure how that works out? I remember reading something somewhere and it didn't make sense to me and gave me a puzzled feeling about the balance of the points we had left for 2002 and this is why I'm wondering if we will have those 45 points in 2002??
Thanks to all that can help!! :)
Laurie

A quick call or email to Member Services (MS) will verify how many points you have remaining in your account. Believe me, I have call more than once.

You should still have available any points you didn't borrow from the 2002 UseYear. As Robin suggests, call (or email) MS and they can confirm the numebr of points in your account.

Enjoy!

If you won't be needing those 45 points in 2002, make sure that you bank them so you can use them in 2003.

Hmmm. I'm not sure what your question is. I have a cold, so I'm a little slow today :).

Are you asking when you'll get your unborrowed 2002 points? Since your use year is June, your points will be available on June 1, 2002 and they are good until May 31st, 2003. If you want to use them before June 2002 you will have to borrow them into your 2001 use year which extends through May 31st, 2002. If you will not use them until after June 1, 2003 you should bank them next June.

If you're not sure how many points you have left in 2002, Member Services will be able to help you out.

... I was going nuts listing all the Disney resorts,including Disneyland,Paris,Tokyo. Never even thought about a home resort being a ship.

LOL! I never thought of a ship as a home resort either, but the idea is growing on me! Wonder if DVC managers have ever thought of it. Do you suppose a ship is more expensive to build than a resort? I'm not so sure I'd want to vacation on a 40 year old ship, though, so maybe it's not such a good idea!

Have you guys ever been on the Disney Magic or Wonder?? We've been on the Magic 3 times since it started sailing!! We just love it!! It's such a nice get away We have asked DVC if they would ever consider having DCL as a home resort....they pretty much didn't know what to think of our question??!! Anyhow, it was all in fun..buy hey if they ever do we'll be one of the first to buy points on the Magic!!!hehehe :) :p :) ;)

Carol, I was stationed on a 40 yr old ship years ago. It was "home" for 2 1/2 yrs. Glad they were paying me and not the other way around.

'penguin, we plan on taking the 7 day western carib cruise in a few years. Everybody I've talked to says the best vacation they've ever had was the 3-4 day cruise. Cost to build a DVC ship would be much higher then building a resort. Can't imagine the $$ per point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter