++++Question list for first BLT guests!!!++++ (BLT is open! Answers are coming in!!)

yes but if my memory serves me correctly it wasn't considered ctr service...

That doesn't matter the dxdp is all table service. Do you think it is the same as in room dining in that it will take 2 ts credits for 1 meal? thank you for the great info.

Do the studios have a washer and dryer?
Also, does the top of the tower lounge,play the Wishes Music when the fireworks are on(like California Grill)?

Thanks!!

Do the studios have a washer and dryer?
Also, does the top of the tower lounge,play the Wishes Music when the fireworks are on(like California Grill)?

Thanks!!

No, studios do not have washer/dryer units in room, but laundry facilities are located in the building.

Yes, the Wishes soundtrack is played inside the lounge, outside on the observation deck, on the sky bridge and on TVs in rooms at BLT.

No, studios do not have washer/dryer units in room, but laundry facilities are located in the building.

Yes, the Wishes soundtrack is played inside the lounge, outside on the observation deck, on the sky bridge and on TVs in rooms at BLT.
Thank you so much for your quick response.

I have one more question. Will there be workers in BLT at all times? I am starting to feel weird that there won't be people working if we need them.

We stayed at BLT for 3 nights in a LV studio on 14th Floor for opening day :goodvibes

How is the check-in process at the Contemporary?

As others have said - it was really straight forward. We checked in, got our KTTW cards and walked over the Sky Bridge to BLT

Please describe the self-parking process - where were you directed to park and how long was the walk?

We arrived at the CR and told valet that we were checking in to BLT. We were given the option to valet park, use the 30 minute check in parking or to park our car over at BLT lot. If you had luggage you could give it to Bell Services who would deliver it to your room.

We only had hand luggage so DH went and parked the car over at BLT while the kids and I checked in. When the car was parked DH walked over to meet us at the check in area.

Where is guest laundry located? Are the machines HE (high efficiency)?

The laundry is on the first floor, near Community Hall and close to the main lobby. There are 3 washers (two top loaders and 1 front loader) and 6 dryers. There's a flat screen TV and a counter top to fold clothes.

Is there a Community Hall? Please describe the activities available. Do you have pictures??

Community Hall has computer games & a Wii with a good selection of games. If you want to use the Wii you have to hand in your room key in exchange for the game / controllers and if it's busy, you have half an hour on it.

There were loads of board games and DVD's and the CM's in the hall were really friendly

LOL - my DS is in the 2nd picture :goodvibes

What activities (arts & crafts, etc) are offered at Community Halls?

There are 3 or 4 round tables set up for art and crafts, DD & I did bead making and there were organized activities (with a charge) like tile painting and some other ceramic art, T-shirt painting etc.,

What was your room number, room size and view?

We were in Room 8425 a lake view studio and this was the view

BLT37.jpg

It's been stated that all 4 parks are visible from various rooms. Aside from the obvious MK view, what other parks could you see? (Please include your room number/view.) Could you see fireworks at other parks? Could you see the Electrical Water Pageant?

We could see Sea World and Universal was in the distance and could see their fireworks.

If you toured the models, were there any changes from the model furnishings and the actual room furnishings?

Not that I could see

There have been reports that the sliding doors to the bathrooms do not lock and do not provide complete privacy (visual and, um, audio ;)) - at least one report of doors not sliding shut completely, leaving a gap. Was this the case in your room?

There was a very small gap in our door

Where are the internet jacks? If there is more than 1, are they all "hot"? (i.e., do they all work?)
In the Studio it was by the small table near the patio door

Are rooms equipped with the iHome mp3/iPod docks that are going in at other DVC resorts?

Yes

How comfortable is the sleeper sofa?

8/10 - it was probably the most comfortable DVC sleeper sofa I've slept on

How much noise you can hear in your room (from other guests rooms, the hallway, outside fireworks, etc)

The only "noise" we heard was from the Electric Water Pageant

Did you access the lounge? What was your experience? (how early did you arrive, was there a line, etc.)

We went went to the lounge a couple of times and it was rarely busy. The staff were very attentive and friendly and we found it really relaxing up there. The view for Wishes was great but we were bothered by mosquitoes,

Do you have photos of the view?

I should do - I'll have a look and post them later

Can Disney Dining Plan or Tables in Wonderland be used at TotW?

We used the TIW card

Are children allowed in TotW?

Yes, children are welcome as long as they are with an adult

Describe the slide experience, please!

The slide was one of the better Didsney ones and DD got the honor of being the first ever guest to slide down it :goodvibes

How is the kids' play area? Do you have photos?

We thought it was fun

BLT01.jpg

Aside from the zero-entry area, how shallow is the pool around the edges? How deep is it at its deepest? (Is it like, say, SSR where it's deepest at the center?)

The pool seemed to be an average 3ft and I don't think the pool went deeper than 4ft 9 over at one side.

How much pool seating is there?

There seemed to be plenty

BLT34.jpg

Are there changing rooms available?

There didn't seem to be any

Are movies shown poolside at night?

The pool movie is shown over at the Contemporary

Is there a mug refill station at the pool bar?

yes - but it doesn't open until 11am

What are the hours of operation of the Cove Bar?

11am until ?? I'm guessing it's when the pool closes

How kid friendly does the resort feel?

Very - my two (11 & 12) enjoyed it

Did you get any sort of freebie or gift as a momento as one of the first guests? If so, what is it?

We got a smaller copy of the Mickey Mouse print that hangs over the bed in the studio and a similar Minnie Mouse print titled "Jubilant" by Justin Jorgensen. It also said Opening Day August 3th, 2009. This limited edition lithograph was created to mark this special moment

We really enjoyed out BLT stay and can't wait to stay there again :yay:

Are the sofa beds doubles or queens? Also I have been seeing some single sofa chairs??? I hope we have a double in a studio since we are 4 people.

Are the sofa beds doubles or queens? Also I have been seeing some single sofa chairs??? I hope we have a double in a studio since we are 4 people.

The sofa bed in our studio was a double. The one and two bed have a queen (I think) sofa bed plus a single sofa chair.

Caron

I didn't see this question asked specifically -

If using bell services for BLT, are they located at CR when we check-in or at BLT once we have our room keys?

Thanks!

I didn't see this question asked specifically -

If using bell services for BLT, are they located at CR when we check-in or at BLT once we have our room keys?

Thanks!

Bell services is located at CR only.

We are headed for our first DVC stay the first week of October at BLT. I understand that the 1 bedroom and larger have a full sized coffee pot that uses a basket type filter. I can't seem to find information on studio villas. Do they also have a full sized coffe pot or do they have a smaller, 4 cup as I understand that the studios at some other DVC properties have?

Thanks.

We are headed for our first DVC stay the first week of October at BLT. I understand that the 1 bedroom and larger have a full sized coffee pot that uses a basket type filter. I can't seem to find information on studio villas. Do they also have a full sized coffe pot or do they have a smaller, 4 cup as I understand that the studios at some other DVC properties have?

Thanks.

We just checked out of BLT this morning room 8118 MK view studio and yes it did have a full size coffee pot. We loved it. It was our first Dvc stay too.

Thanks for the prompt response. I don't know if we are more excited about going back to Food and Wine or about our first DVC stay. I'm glad to hear that you like BLT. We are supposed to have a MK view. I'm hoping that it is a bit higher up like yours. I've heard that some people have had MK views that were below the monorail and the view was not that good.

Thanks for the prompt response. I don't know if we are more excited about going back to Food and Wine or about our first DVC stay. I'm glad to hear that you like BLT. We are supposed to have a MK view. I'm hoping that isis ba bit higher up. I've heard that some people have had MK views that were below the monorail and the view was not that good.

What I did was found the phone # for BLT and called when we were a week out and requested a high floor. We were on the 11th room 8118 if you want to request that.

Thanks for the prompt response. I don't know if we are more excited about going back to Food and Wine or about our first DVC stay. I'm glad to hear that you like BLT. We are supposed to have a MK view. I'm hoping that it is a bit higher up like yours. I've heard that some people have had MK views that were below the monorail and the view was not that good.

Thanks, I just might do that:thumbsup2

Do they have a fax number to fax room request to like many of the other DVC homes??. If so can to PM or post it here??...smjj

Do they have a fax number to fax room request to like many of the other DVC homes??. If so can to PM or post it here??...smjj

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe DVC resorts no longer accept faxed room requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter