Question about trading

mitchtr07

Earning My Ears
I've read the dis pages for years, but never really posted (I did for a while during my pin-trading phase but can't remember my sign-in id.)

Anyway - my family is planning a family reunion vacation for next year. I am a member at SSR, but do not have enough points for the space we will need. Unfortunately, we're also a little broke (like everyone else), so I wanted to see if we could find a way to trade my father's time-share points in Hawaii for some points at DVC (preferably SSR). My thought was basically that we could trade his points for less than it would take through Member Getaways for time in Hawaii. I know this doesn't meet the trade/rent forum rules here because his system is on points and we are not trading a specific reservation, but wondered if anyone had suggestions for other places that might allow or facilitate this kind of trade?

Which trading company does your father's Hawaii timeshare trade through? If it's Interval International, you should be able to trade into DVC. SSR is actually one of the easier trades to get.

Which trading company does your father's Hawaii timeshare trade through? If it's Interval International, you should be able to trade into DVC. SSR is actually one of the easier trades to get.
Really? My parents say they've been trying to trade their Mariott week into DVC through II on quite a few occassions and have never had any luck. Is there any special trick to getting it?

Really? My parents say they've been trying to trade their Mariott week into DVC through II on quite a few occassions and have never had any luck. Is there any special trick to getting it?
DVC is not difficult to trade to part of the year, esp for a 1 BR or smaller. If you give more info I can likely be more specific. My guess is their trying for a 2 BR and/or for higher demand times like Xmas, NY, Easter or mid Summer. Of course if the own orlando they will not be able to trade for DVC at all (with a couple of exceptions if you know the tricks). Most units are Jan, Feb, May, late Aug, Sept, Oct and early Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter