Question About Dining Plan

Madi100

DIS Veteran
We are hoping to either get a two bedroom or a villa and take another family with us. We definitely want the dining plan, and I don't know that they will. Is it required that they do dining plan also? And, if so, I know they ask, but is it required that we tell them all of the people staying in the room? We have no intentions of putting too many people in the room, and we have no intentions of sharing our vouchers with them. But, we really want to do it.

The dining plan does apply to all members of your party. You do need to provide DVC with the accurate number of guests that will be staying in your villa. Sorry.

Thanks. I wonder for what purpose that they think they need to know... I'm not going to fight it, but we stayed at a non-Disney resort last year, and they just wanted to know the person's name that was renting the room. I understand they don't want people smashing 15 people into a room that holds 4. But... If we get a villa it holds 12 people. We are pretty same on numbers. The only thing they do with the numbers is to give room keys and be noisy, right?

The dining plan is available for DVC stays on points, subject to the following conditions:
  1. The dining plan is purchased for each person in your party (that's one of the reasons DVC wants the names of all guests)
  2. and, it's purchased for every day of your visit.
Those conditions may not be what you are looking for; if not, the dining plan would not be for you.

OR...you could get a two-bedroom for yourself, and a one-bedroom for the other family, and then each family could choose the dining plan or not.

The dining plan works on the premise that all people in the room buy it. Otherwise, they would not make money on it because only those who eat alot would buy it or only some of the people would buy it and share meals with the others.

To use EMH, everyone has to have their own ID, so if you don't declare them, they could not attend. Depending on where you are staying, they may not be able to use the pool, because sometimes they check room ID's.

If you want to get around this, book a 1 bedroom and studio separate, then they could do their own thing. There's no guarantee the rooms will be near each other.

DebbieB said:
The dining plan works on the premise that all people in the room buy it. Otherwise, they would not make money on it because only those who eat alot would buy it or only some of the people would buy it and share meals with the others.

To use EMH, everyone has to have their own ID, so if you don't declare them, they could not attend. Depending on where you are staying, they may not be able to use the pool, because sometimes they check room ID's.

If you want to get around this, book a 1 bedroom and studio separate, then they could do their own thing. There's no guarantee the rooms will be near each other.

Thanks. I forgot about those other things. I guess it will be all or nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter