Question about bags in park

lynnie78

Earning My Ears
I know you can't take coolers into the parks. I was wondering though, if I could take an insulated lunch bag/box with a shoulder strap? Not a huge one, but big enough to hold my SLR camera. I thought it would be a safe yet inexpensive way to haul my camera around. Is this okay or will they not let insulated lunch bags in either?

thanks!

Lynn :D

first, welcome to the DIS!!!

you should be fine with that, but make sure you put padding or atleast a cloth in it to protect your camra from the hard sides of the pal (but i'm sure you got that already :D )

enjoy your trip!

You'll be fine. All bags are hand inspected before you enter the parks, so just have it open and let them have a look! Have a great trip!:wave:

I just spent $35 on a insulated backpack from QVC. I thought this would be a great idea for WDW! I thought this way we could keep our drinks cold, and leftovers would not spoil. Do you think we will be allowed to bring this backpack into the parks?

dizzydvcfan; yes, as said before, as long as you freely let them check it, you will be fine. I think they've seen it all. Last year, while waiting for Fantasmic, there was a woman in front of us who pulled out a loaf of bread and some lunch meat, and made sandwiches for the family while they waited. Don't feel like you're smuggling anything!

Yes - again like said before we brought the tupperware lunch bag size cooler filled with milk,juice,babyfood,dad's MT dew in the parks - all over - on the plane, etc.

Yes be ready to have any bag, backpack, diaperbags to be ready for inspection through the gates... 0- makes it faster and hander for the inspectors... I never packed them stuff full because some of them do haveyou take stuff out - but if packed neatly they
can see everything in them.
** I think next year I am going to get a clear backpack...
seen alot of them and easier for inspectors at aiport and disney to see better what is all in there.**

Have a magical Time - and hubby don't worry - you see everthing.. - just allow them to look through anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter