2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

Im sure this has been asked before, but I cant seem to find the info now. I was wondering if there was any counter service locations that DONT have kids meals. Any help would be appreciated!!! TIA!!!:flower3:

Im sure this has been asked before, but I cant seem to find the info now. I was wondering if there was any counter service locations that DONT have kids meals. Any help would be appreciated!!! TIA!!!:flower3:

Post 5 has a Children's Meal FAQ that lists all CS's that currently do not offer kids meals. Hope this helps!

Not trying to 'get around' the rules, just trying to make sense of it all....

Q1. Example: We go to a CS restaurant and order meals for everyone on our KTTW cards (3A1C). If someone was still hungry, can we not go back through the line and order another meal?

Q2. If we order CS meals for all of us (including our child) at a place that has no kids meals, will it state on our receipt that we used 3A & 1C credit? I REALLY do not want to have to keep track of it myself!!

Thanks!

I have read the DDP FAQ thread from beginning to end, and it really raised more questions for me. Not trying to 'get around' the rules, just trying to make sense of it all....

Q1. Example: We go to a CS restaurant and order meals for everyone on our KTTW cards (3A1C). If someone was still hungry, can we not go back through the line and order another meal?

Q2. If we order CS meals for all of us (including our child) at a place that has no kids meals, will it state on our receipt that we used 3A & 1C credit? I REALLY do not want to have to keep track of it myself!!

Thanks!

The receipt doesn't track the credits, but fortunately they are adding kids meals to virtually everywhere. So, so long as you remember that you ordered a meal for your child and always order the kids meals (when available) you'll be fine. For the few places that don't have kids meals - you can order your kid an adults meal and will be fine.

Going through line twice. I think you won't even need to worry about this. The meals are a LOT of food (especially with those desserts). I've never heard of any family who has cleared their plates and gone back for another meal. If any growing teens are starving, I would guess that a snack would probably hold them over.

We are thinking of a vacation in Oct, but can't decide between the dining plans. I have never stayed in the World before so I haven't tried it before. It will just be my DH and DS (turning 3 while we are there) we are checking in before his birthday so technically he will still be 2, so he isn't included in the DP. I can't imagine that he will be good at table service restuarants...so I was thinking about doing the QSDP. He does eat a lot so I would probably have to buy him a seperate meal.

Any advice?

Trying to decide between the QS plan and the standard one too.
Does the plan allow you to "convert" a table service meal to extra CS meals or snacks We don't want a TS meal every day. We do want to dine at Jiko though and it looks like a meal there for two almost covers the cost of 1 day of the plan :D.

Trying to decide between the QS plan and the standard one too.
Does the plan allow you to "convert" a table service meal to extra CS meals or snacks We don't want a TS meal every day. We do want to dine at Jiko though and it looks like a meal there for two almost covers the cost of 1 day of the plan :D.

Yeah, but Jiko is 2 TS credits:Jiko

And to convert a TS to a QS/CS meal would be a waste of a good TS, but I think you can do it.

The above poster is correct: Jiko will cost 2 TS credits per person.

You might be able to change your TS credits to CS. See the FAQ at the beginning of this thread for some information on this. If you are not on free dining, you will lose much of the value of the basic dining plan if you use most of your TS for CS meals. You might be better off getting the QS plan and paying for Jiko.

This will be our first time using the DXDP. I'm familiar with the regular DDP, but was wondering how the credits will be broken out for the DxDP. There will be two adults and one child. Does it differentiate between adult and child credits? I'm assuming at the beginning of our trip it would state 42 adult meal credits and 21 child meal credits. Or is everything grouped all together? Thanks for your help!

I'm wondering the same thing as the previous poster about DXDP. Considering getting it for our one night at Beach Club Resort but wondering about how they split up the credits when they are just 3 credits to be used per person per night.

I know my kids won't eat at our Table Service restaurants, or I will most likely end up ordering one or two meals to split between three kids. That would leave us "extra" credits we'd have to use up in just two days. I'm wondering if those credits will be considered "child" credits if we use them for counter service? It doesn't seem like anyone has answered this definitively based on the DXDP, though a previous posted mentioned "pooled" CS credits were still going on but they didn't mention if they were on the regular plan where the credits are indeed different or on the DxDP.

Either way, I have about two months to figure out if we'll go for the DxDP.

I posted this in another spot too, forgive me please. Even though we are thinking of taking the camper, we don't leave the parks to eat and we REALLY like the dining plan. Is it available for purchase for campers?

I posted this in another spot too, forgive me please. Even though we are thinking of taking the camper, we don't leave the parks to eat and we REALLY like the dining plan. Is it available for purchase for campers?

I have the dining plan and we are staying at the campground, but we have the Annual Passholder package...so ours only includes the dining plan and the site, we have no tickets.

Ok so I just discovered that with the Deluxe Dining, the appetizer is included with lunch and dinner table meals!! Doing a happy dance :banana: :dance3: Heheh :woohoo: (I'm probably the only person that didn't know that... :rolleyes1 ) One question though- is there an appetizer 'per person' or per meal? Because an appetizer per person is a lot!

Yep, it sure is! The FW campgrounds is still Disney property! ;)

Ok so I just discovered that with the Deluxe Dining, the appetizer is included with lunch and dinner table meals!! Doing a happy dance :banana: :dance3: Heheh :woohoo: (I'm probably the only person that didn't know that... :rolleyes1 ) One question though- is there an appetizer 'per person' or per meal? Because an appetizer per person is a lot!

The appetizer is per person -- or more specifically, per TS credit. Every deluxe TS credit comes with appetizer, entree, dessert and beverage.

So, to clarify, the CS receipts do not break it down by Adult/child, I will need to track that myself?

And, does that mean that the computer has no idea how many kids/adults I have used?
[I am NOT asking to defeat the system,
I just don't want to get to the check-out on our last day only to find out we have only kids credits left,
but my receipts and paperwork did not say so.]

I have 5 adults and 4 children to track, so, yeah, it's a big deal for me to have to track it.

We never use all of our CS, as we all tend to share,
and we NEVER need more food than we order at CS.
So no problem ordering less than is listed on our cards!

Can you get ANY of the non-alcoholic drinks? Even the smoothies, soymilk, etc...

I'm pretty sure it's any non-alcoholic drink except those that come in souvenir glasses and stuff (light the lighted ice cubes). I know the smoothies at Le Cellier and 50's Prime Time are included.

DisneyMom5

I looked at this situation about a week ago, here are my conclusions.

At any one restaurant during a meal (BR, LU or DIN) you can only get as many of each type of CS meal as is on your plan.

The system tracks the total CS meals that your whole group is entitled to (both child and adult) as 1 number.

Beyond that it is all on the “honor system”.

I was thinking that I was not going to get the CS plan because it would be to much trouble to keep track 100% accurately without a lot of work since there is great variability of where, when and if each member of my family eats at each meal.

In the end I concluded that it would be ”honorable” to do my best without extraordinary effort to keep the balance and since WDW provides no way for anyone to check the number of each type of CS meal that is left that my best reasonable effort would have to be OK, especially since WDW does not deem it important enough to track.

bookwormde

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter