2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

I am trying to decide if the Dining plan is good for our family of 9. I made all of our ADRs. We are going to HoopDee-Doo and paid OPP. If we got the dining plan we would have one extra table service meal. If I can't fit another table service meal in our plans, can a TS be used for a counter service meal?

Usually not. There have been instances during the Free Dining Promotion/Sale where they have allowed you to change a TS for a CS.
Could you pay for a cheaper TS OOP and use 2 TS for the Hoop De Doo?

i'm sorry if this was asked already and i'm sure it was but, with the deluxe dining plan you get 3 sit down meal credits and 2 snacks per day. do you get any counter service credits on the deluxe dining plan or do you just use one of your sit down meals for counter service when you want to get a cs meal? thank you!

I have to book my trips almost a year in advance(because of workplace vacation policies). I booked the DDP..now I see that they are offering free dining for the dates we'll be there(9/17-9/27)...can I still get free dining, do they adjust your balance? Or do I have to rebook completely?:confused3

I have to book my trips almost a year in advance(because of workplace vacation policies). I booked the DDP..now I see that they are offering free dining for the dates we'll be there(9/17-9/27)...can I still get free dining, do they adjust your balance? Or do I have to rebook completely?:confused3

Call now, if you have a Disney Visa, Call Monday, if you don't. They will modify your ressie if possible. They have to have the same type room available for the promotion.
Have a second choice ready.
Have a great trip! :wizard:

i'm sorry if this was asked already and i'm sure it was but, with the deluxe dining plan you get 3 sit down meal credits and 2 snacks per day. do you get any counter service credits on the deluxe dining plan or do you just use one of your sit down meals for counter service when you want to get a cs meal? thank you!

On DxDP, you get three meal credits per night. It does not distinguish TS vs. CS -- you may use a meal credit for either.

I looked for this but didn't find an answer ... our teenager isn't a big dessert eater, but he does like a lot of the non-alcoholic specialty drinks (like Mickey's Be-Bop at PTC at the Studios) which are generally cheaper than the desserts. Can he have one of those for his desserts, or does it specifically have to be from the dessert menu?

TIA! :)

ETA: Can I use one of my adult CS credits to purchase a kid's CS meal for myself (that's what I usually get anyway when paying cash)?

I looked for this but didn't find an answer ... our teenager isn't a big dessert eater, but he does like a lot of the non-alcoholic specialty drinks (like Mickey's Be-Bop at PTC at the Studios) which are generally cheaper than the desserts. Can he have one of those for his desserts, or does it specifically have to be from the dessert menu?

TIA! :)

ETA: Can I use one of my adult CS credits to purchase a kid's CS meal for myself (that's what I usually get anyway when paying cash)?

Well...it depends on the establishment and the server. Some people will let you have a milkshake as your dessert. Specialty glasses or drinks that are usually your drink, maybe not. Doesn't hurt to ask, right?

You're not supposed to use a child credit for an adult's meal, but they might let you use an adult credit for a child's meal. Again, it probably varies by restaurant and server.

Well...it depends on the establishment and the server. Some people will let you have a milkshake as your dessert. Specialty glasses or drinks that are usually your drink, maybe not. Doesn't hurt to ask, right?

You're not supposed to use a child credit for an adult's meal, but they might let you use an adult credit for a child's meal. Again, it probably varies by restaurant and server.

Okay, thanks! We won't have any children in our party -- we're all adults by Disney standards, but a lot of the time I just order a kid's meal for myself. I would never ask them to accept a child credit for an adult meal, but am really hoping they won't have something in the system that won't let me use an adult credit for a kid's meal. :)

If your plan is to order kids' meals for yourself at all non-buffets, consider paying OOP for the kids' meals and saving your adult TS credits to be used by other members of your party for extra meals.

If your plan is to order kids' meals for yourself at all non-buffets, consider paying OOP for the kids' meals and saving your adult TS credits to be used by other members of your party for extra meals.

That's a good idea ... maybe that would work for us. I'm only thinking of the CS meals not TS, but I guess the same principle would apply. :)

I have to say ... I've never had to give this much thought to what/where/when/how we eat at WDW before! Maybe the DDP is too complicated for my poor brain! :laughing:

yep - same principle would apply to CS. If you buy the kids meals, rather than using an adult-cost credit for them, you can save the credits for extra meals.

I am trying to decide if the Dining plan is good for our family of 9. I made all of our ADRs. We are going to HoopDee-Doo and paid OPP. If we got the dining plan we would have one extra table service meal. If I can't fit another table service meal in our plans, can a TS be used for a counter service meal?

Use the extra TS to pay for some members of your party at Hoop-de-Doo, and pay for the others OOP.

Just curious - we are getting the free DDP but I am wondering if when we get to the resort if they would upgrade us on our request to the Deluxe plan (with extra payment from us, of course). Does anyone know if this is possible and what the upcharge might be? Thanks!

Just curious - we are getting the free DDP but I am wondering if when we get to the resort if they would upgrade us on our request to the Deluxe plan (with extra payment from us, of course). Does anyone know if this is possible and what the upcharge might be? Thanks!

You can upgrade free dining to the deluxe but it can't be done at the resort. You'd need to call Disney and add it to the reservation no later than 3 days before your arrival date. If you add it less than 45 days from the arrival date you must pay for it in full at the time you add it. The cost to upgrade is $32 per night per adult and $10 per night per child.

Has anyone had trouble charging OOP for breakfast items to your KTTW card and not having it charged to your CS credits. Our grown kids will be going with us and I want them to get breakfast at the resorts without using CS credits. I would like them to charge it to their KTTW card and I will just pay the bill at checkout for everything. I'm just worried that it will get messed up and then we will be short CS meals for park lunches. Any experience or suggestions?

It's not a problem at all. We have done it many many times. Just let them know when they are checking out to say they are NOT using their dining credits. Usually the CM will ask but you never know. :)

It's not a problem at all. We have done it many many times. Just let them know when they are checking out to say they are NOT using their dining credits. Usually the CM will ask but you never know. :)

Thanks - I figured it probably wouldn't be but I would hate to spend all of our CS credits on inexpensive breakfasts and then have to pay out of pocket for lunch. That would be my luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter