Qld August Dismeet 24/8- who's up for it?

I do know that Italian you speak of at Southbank - it's lovely and not too expensive, if I remember correctly! It all seems to be coming together well.
Looking forward to seeing everyone. :thumbsup2

Is it in the parklands itself or on Grey Street? I can't place it, unless it is new?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The one I'm thinking of is in the Parkland, with a terrace on/near the river. Although, when I went there it was night time, so I can't vouch for the view!! :lmao:

Thanks AWIDY-I will likely get into Southbank also in the next couple of weeks. Yes Heather I believe Amici's is closer to the river and isn't on Little Stanley St. In Southbank itself (as opposed to little Stanley) I have only eaten at the Chinese place that used to overlook the river, ditto the Greek place, Ahmets (which flanks both and isn't bad) and the seafood place which wasn't that flash; the Chinese and Greek never reopened after the floods but neither were that good. I know new chefs have the beach place overlooking the pool which had the critics excited but I don't know anyone whose been there yet and the Sydney restaurant Smokehouse opened a branch on River Terrace but is quite exie for what you get. If we have personal thumbs up for any like the Italian, sounds good to me AWIDY-are you checking out the snow playground that is on in the school hols? Have fun tomorrow.

Thanks AWIDY-I will likely get into Southbank also in the next couple of weeks. Yes Heather I believe Amici's is closer to the river and isn't on Little Stanley St. In Southbank itself (as opposed to little Stanley) I have only eaten at the Chinese place that used to overlook the river, ditto the Greek place, Ahmets (which flanks both and isn't bad) and the seafood place which wasn't that flash; the Chinese and Greek never reopened after the floods but neither were that good. I know new chefs have the beach place overlooking the pool which had the critics excited but I don't know anyone whose been there yet and the Sydney restaurant Smokehouse opened a branch on River Terrace but is quite exie for what you get. If we have personal thumbs up for any like the Italian, sounds good to me AWIDY-are you checking out the snow playground that is on in the school hols? Have fun tomorrow.

Was just calling in for lunch as picking up visitors from the airport. Shall look out for it and see. Thanks Aussie Wendy

I thought I replied last month, obviously not. Of course I am coming.

I'll add you to the first post later. I don't recall seeing your post here but I'm getting old and I maybe losing my marbles :) Unless you are like my DH who will tell someone else something and will convince himself he told me too :)

I'll add you to the first post later. I don't recall seeing your post here but I'm getting old and I maybe losing my marbles :) Unless you are like my DH who will tell someone else something and will convince himself he told me too :)

I imagine it was one of those times when I got the beachball of doom and shut the computer down. Safari hates me.

I imagine it was one of those times when I got the beachball of doom and shut the computer down. Safari hates me.

I've chucked you in on the first post now. There's no backing out. You're one of us now :)

Not sure if its the Disboards or Firefox but one of them hates me-freezing, logging me out constantly, not letting me back in for hours/days at a time :badpc:.....

Not sure if its the Disboards or Firefox but one of them hates me-freezing, logging me out constantly, not letting me back in for hours/days at a time :badpc:.....

I've been having issues with the Dis app if that helps.

Is it Turkish? I like Turkish food but much prefer Italian.

Wedding is at 2pm but alas, lunch with the family before hand is required. Oh well, it would have been nice to meet up with you all but it is not meant to be. Perhaps next time!

Sorry to hear that - it would have been good if you could have dropped by for a visit since its such a coincidence you are here that same weekend. Enjoy the wedding (and lunch). Are you heading back early or later on the Sunday?

Here's a scary thought... an election could be held on this weekend :(

Here's a scary thought... an election could be held on this weekend :(

Nooooooo....looks like we might have to arrange postal votes, then!!! :confused3 Could save on queuing at the polling booth!

Nooooooo....looks like we might have to arrange postal votes, then!!! :confused3 Could save on queuing at the polling booth!

:) But if I remember they have a polling booth at the town hall. With federal elections you can just turn up any old where I'm sure.

I doubt he'd do it for the weekend before because of the Ekka but you never know. I'd be terribly annoyed if I arranged something big like a wedding or convention around the original election date only to find it had been changed to the date I'd settled in! But the media said it could be anytime between August and November now. I just wish he'd hurry up and give us some kind if certainty.

This will be our first ever experience of voting in Australian elections... Is it that scary???

This will be our first ever experience of voting in Australian elections... Is it that scary???

Scary?? No - not a bit!! Vote early, vote often, I say..!!! ;) :lmao:

Really - the best thing to do is go to your polling booth as early as you can - I find that is the best option.

I think, really, it's harder if you are going to be away. I was in Orlando for the '07 elections and tried to arrange postal voting, but there wasn't enough time - the paperwork didn't arrive. So, that was the first election held since I was 18 that I didn't vote in! It felt very odd, I must say! :confused3

Marlea - there would be a polling booth at City Hall - if it comes to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter