• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchasing MYW tickets through an online broker vs. Disney site

mom23boyz

Wishing I Had a Magic Wand
How safe are tickets sold by wholesale brokers? Is it easy to do? Any help appreciated!

Thank you! So, if I buy our tickets through one of these brokers, I purchase our Magic Bands separately and then how do the tickets get added to the Magic Bands?

Thank you! So, if I buy our tickets through one of these brokers, I purchase our Magic Bands separately and then how do the tickets get added to the Magic Bands?
Link each ticket to the correct person in your MDX account.

MBs also are linked to your account. They then provide the link to the tickets at park entry and FP lines.

As the previous posters have said, they get linked when you add them to your account.

MDE (MDX) = My Disney Experience https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/
If you haven't done it yet, go there and create an account. When you get the pass info for your passes you can enter them onto your MDE account. Then when you get your Magic Band (MB) you enter that onto the account as well. You will get asked who you would like to link the tickets or MB's to on your account (this comes into play when you add family/friends on your account).

Your MDE account is what controls everything, not your MB. All of your info, tickets, Fast Passes, Dining etc.... are entered into your MDE account when you make them, and then your MB's that are linked to that same account (person) can be used to access them. Clear as mud?

We always use UT, they're very reputable, good prices, and when I lost my plastic, non-electronic-tickets before linking them, days before our FP window, they came through in a pinch and issued me codes scanned in from the tickets. Very happy with them!

Matt

There are sites that will identify the best deals based on your groups needs. The ones I have seen recommend only well known providers.

You don't need to purchase Magic Bands if you're staying on-site - they will be provided as part of your Disney resort reservation regardless of whether you bought tickets with that reservation, and once you have added your tickets to your MDE account they can be linked to the MBs. If you're off-site, you can buy MBs but there's no need - you could just use the tickets themselves at FP+ scanners.

You don't need to purchase Magic Bands if you're staying on-site - they will be provided as part of your Disney resort reservation regardless of whether you bought tickets with that reservation, and once you have added your tickets to your MDE account they can be linked to the MBs. If you're off-site, you can buy MBs but there's no need - you could just use the tickets themselves at FP+ scanners.

Good catch.

OP, the bands don’t come with the tickets no matter how you buy the tickets. Bands are free with onsite stays (even if you don’t have tickets or admission of any kind), or you buy them if you want them.

And like Helene said, you don’t have to have them.

OK, that is very helpful as I was thinking we would buy the bands separately, so now we won't. We will just link our code in our MDE account and then our bands will have both our tickets and room entry on them, correct? Also, do they send Magic Bands out before your trip, or do you pick them up when you check in?

They send them to you before the trip.

Once you customize them it tells you when they will be sent.

OK, that is very helpful as I was thinking we would buy the bands separately, so now we won't. We will just link our code in our MDE account and then our bands will have both our tickets and room entry on them, correct? Also, do they send Magic Bands out before your trip, or do you pick them up when you check in?

Just to keep things as clear as possible-

There is no reservation info, or ticket info, or credit card info, or FP+ info "put onto" a MagicBand.

A MagicBand only contains a unique serial number that is used to access the information that is stored in a guest's MyDisneyExperience file.

When the MagicBand is touched to a "Mickey Head Reader,"

the MB's serial number is read and that number creates a an instant connection to the the guest's MDE account info.

The MagicBand works like the combination to a locked safe, or a key to a locked door.

The MB, itself, is not the container of the ticket or FastPass, or Room key number, etc.

The MB just unlocks the guest's file of info, allowing it to be accessed from her/his MDX account when needed.

Why does this distinction matter?
Because there is much fear regarding losing bands and,
in turn, losing all of a guest's information thought to be on the band.
But, since there IS NOTHING "on" the MB, losing it will not actually lose
any of the guest's tickets, etc.

I have bought from outside vendors a few times, TicketMomma, The Offical Ticket Center, Undercover Tourist and Im able to buy online, then link the confirmation numbers just fine! Just remember unless your staying DVC if you buy your tickets outside of Disney you cant add DDP unless your Dvc

Yes.

Click HERE for the TouringPlans.com "Discount Ticket Search."

We use this link to buy our park tickets- it's great because they compare the different reputable dealers and we can get the best price.

Ah but you can. You can call to book a “ticketless package.”
+1 We almost always get the dining plan, and never buy park tickets from Disney. I book room only, and then call to have a CM add the dining plan, called, as stated, a ticketless package. It does mean, however, that you need to pay for the whole deal 30 days before check in, just like any package.

To make it easier, I sometimes book the room only, pay the first night an then wait the add the dining plan in order to buy us some additional time to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter