Purchasing FW Cabins DVC

What are your purchase plans for the Fort Wilderness DVC cabins?

• I have already purchased points for the cabins

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I will purchase points later on and/or if they get a better incentive

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • I have no interest in purchasing points for the cabins

Votes: 172 72.3%
  • I’m waiting to purchase Poly 2 instead

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have enough DVC points and don’t intend to add on ever again

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • Waiting to purchase on the resale market down the road

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Other - tell us your plan

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Only if the dues weren’t so high

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters
I liked Reflections. if that comes back at some point and it’s added to the same resort, then yes, I’ll buy there.
Same. We really wanted reflections. If it comes back and is added on to CFW, we will definitely consider purchasing… and maybe we’ll kick ourselves for not buying now.

I do plan on staying at the cabins. We really enjoyed them in the past.

If sales are soft and Disney decides to increase the incentives, i still don’t think i would bite. There is very little they can do to entice me with these maintenance fees. Unless they can decrease those? Or subsidize them?
A subsidized dues points sale could definitely be a game changer to get buyers onboard.

I'm going to be fascinated by the sales numbers. When this was announced I genuinely did not know who this was for. Others keep saying the market isn't existing DVC members but guests that already stay at the cabins. I'm not convinced that a) there's enough of them to sell this thing and b) that Disney did enough research into this product before launch. It's good to have a variety of options and at seven months existing members may try the cabins as a novelty.

Good thing is, Disney can track sales and just stop declaring more cabins into the trust if this tanks. I also suspect they'll bring Poly sales forward if this fails.

For me personally if I was going to spend over $12 in dues for cabins I would buy a 150 point VB contract for $40...use those points to book any other Disney resort, then take the $25,000 I saved and rent the nicest cabins in all the best National Parks

@bama_ed had a really good post on CFW and how this may all be planned as part of a larger Reflections 2.0 (@tidefan mentioned someone calling it "River Country Lodge"). In case you haven't read it...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...e-and-booking-dates-too.3937980/post-65288236
Just to clarify, I had thought that when the CM's were referring to it as the "River Country Lodge" that it was just a colloquial term they were using for the property, not an official name, but hey, who knows???

CFW is not a sales driver for DVC, it's an overflow valve. Doesn't really cost them anything...cabins needed refurbing anyway.

Just to clarify, I had thought that when the CM's were referring to it as the "River Country Lodge" that it was just a colloquial term they were using for the property, not an official name, but hey, who knows???
Thanks for clarification.

If they use "River Country Lodge", I may not be able to afford points because I'll be buying a lot of clothing with the name. 🤣

I did the add on tool for 150 points and it was like $33k. Too much at this point. No W/D. I can rent weeks in a non DVC place for a lot of years for that price plus annual dues. If they let DVC buy cheaper passes, might be more interested in another contract. I have enough points already for non park trips.

I have 2 different thoughts here. One, I’m sure there are some here who have purchased but maybe feel a bit shamed or ostracized given the very strong opinions regarding CFW. I know if bought for whatever reasons make sense for me and my family, I’d feel a bit uncomfortable sharing in this particular environment. And I’m not trying to call anyone out! People’s opinions are valid but I’ll be honest, there are times I feel a bit like that when RIV comes up so I’d understand if people don’t want to mention it 🤷🏼‍♀️

And the second thought is that I have to imagine DVC will take some action if the sales reports are abysmal after the first 2-3 months no? That being said, would it look worse if they did acknowledge it and increase incentives just a short time after going on sale?

I have 2 different thoughts here. One, I’m sure there are some here who have purchased but maybe feel a bit shamed or ostracized given the very strong opinions regarding CFW. I know if bought for whatever reasons make sense for me and my family, I’d feel a bit uncomfortable sharing in this particular environment. And I’m not trying to call anyone out! People’s opinions are valid but I’ll be honest, there are times I feel a bit like that when RIV comes up so I’d understand if people don’t want to mention it 🤷🏼‍♀️

And the second thought is that I have to imagine DVC will take some action if the sales reports are abysmal after the first 2-3 months no? That being said, would it look worse if they did acknowledge it and increase incentives just a short time after going on sale?

DVD won’t change incentives mid stream typically but you never know.

I think starting incentives ina less than impressive way leads me to really wonder if something else isn’t brewing.

I can’t figure it out and as a new property, you’d think it would have the best and it doesn’t.

I keep going back to wondering if this is going to tied to a future project and that sales for now are a place holder until they are ready to launch that.

The only other thing is they want RiV to be the cheapest to push those for now??

I get what you are saying, but that’s why I asked in the poll format so that anyone could put that they purchased and it would be anonymous unless they decided to comment about it in a post here. It’s interesting to me that even though we have over a 100 DIS members who have participated we are still at 0 for anyone having purchased FWC.

I’m a happy RIV owner too 😉

DVD won’t change incentives mid stream typically but you never know.

I think starting incentives ina less than impressive way leads me to really wonder if something else isn’t brewing.

I can’t figure it out and as a new property, you’d think it would have the best and it doesn’t.

I keep going back to wondering if this is going to tied to a future project and that sales for now are a place holder until they are ready to launch that.

The only other thing is they want RiV to be the cheapest to push those for now??
It’s definitely curious. I’m not sure I see the motivation of making CFW less appealing in order to make RIV more so. But I agree, this has to be tied to something else. Just a strange decision to move ahead with this without the full picture, especially if it makes the product more salable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter