Purchased Too Many Points

Not gonna lie, I've definitely thought about it just from a dues stand point especially thinking about when we get to our end point of around 1,000 points. In my mind by the time I get there that'll probably be close to 9,000 dollars in dues annually. If it ever becomes unsustainable I'll probably drop some of my resale points. This is the issue I have with resale points is even though you saved a few grand going resale, you're still paying the same amount in dues and if you're not happy having your points being restricted from use at VDH, RIV and whatever new resort, then maybe direct is the way to go because over the life the contract over 2/3 of the price is in the form of dues.

We do charge friends at the moment which has definitely helped with dues simply because we're poor millennials. Just from this year alone we've nearly had our dues paid back on our points because we always bring friends with us and they're understanding about it because they know it's not like we got these points for free and they're still getting a hell of a deal by staying with us.
1,000 points and $9000 in dues does not compute with poor millennial. lol

Ok. That is definitely great to know. How about in HI or Mexico? I imagine being on Disney property, there is a standard. But I fear the standard in Maui is 70s or 80s plush furniture. My brief research along Mexican Riviera was more hopeful with all-inclusive rooms looking much more updated and pricing very reasonable (including the all-inclusive fees).

Can someone start a thread here who has experience with resorts off property and perhaps even outside of FL? Which II Getaway resorts are on par or better than updated DVC rooms? @Brian Noble?
Following. :)

Ok. That is definitely great to know. How about in HI or Mexico? I imagine being on Disney property, there is a standard. But I fear the standard in Maui is 70s or 80s plush furniture. My brief research along Mexican Riviera was more hopeful with all-inclusive rooms looking much more updated and pricing very reasonable (including the all-inclusive fees).

Can someone start a thread here who has experience with resorts off property and perhaps even outside of FL? Which II Getaway resorts are on par or better than updated DVC rooms? @Brian Noble?
Getaways: Royal Cancun, 2 bedroom. Wonderful. Has sister resorts you can visit but this particular resort is smaller and NOT mandatory all inclusive. Full kitchen etc. Murphy bed in LR as well.
Marriott Grand Chateau in Las Vegas: both as exchange and getaway. Have stayed in 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom-the 3 bedroom is as big as some people’s house! Conveniently just a block off strip behind planet Hollywood.
Almost all the MVC in Orlando except Lakeshore (have used exchange and getaway). Cypress harbor is a favorite as I love the resort and amenities! The “Palms” were a bit more dated when we stayed there but it’s been several years.
In general Hyatt and Marriott are at least as good as dvc (often better frankly as they usually have better upkeep)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter