Purchase Dinning Plan?

myjourney

DIS Veteran
For some reason I thought you could purchase a dinning plan for the number of nights you stay at a Disney resort, but what I am reading says you must also buy tickets along with room in order to buy plan. Is that correct? We have room reservations, but buy our tickets from UT, so that means we cannot buy dinning plan?

That's the way it used to be. You can add dining plans to room-only reservations now, without a ticket purchase requirement. Three caveats:

1. You must get the plan for each night of your stay.
  2. It turns a room-only reservation into a "package", which means payments, etc., will follow package rules.
  3. It seems you can't do this online, only by phone.

Call ASAP though. I'm not sure if they convert your room only to a ticketless package with a dining plan, or if they actually have to cancel and rebook. If it's the latter, and there is no availability for your dates, it might be a problem.

don't even bother, room only reservations will need to be cancel, and they will refund your money, but to get the new reservations package you will be charged deposit, they won't do the transfer of fund, you need to have the $200 to book, I would suggest not to forfeit your room only reservations specially if it is discounted, Disney dining plan do not save you money, it is convenient to have your trip prepaid but you will do better buying a Gift card and deposit the same amount and manage yourself

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter