Pumpkins, Pirates & Poppins-A Magical Halloween Cruise W/PICS-COMPLETE!!!!!

Disneygrl36

Happy DVC member!!!!
So this trip all started last year on our Dec 3-7, 2006 4 night Wonder cruise. We slipped the little paper requesting a quote in the box & voila’ a quote appeared in our fish. It was a good deal & we knew we would be saving money & getting a on-board ship credit too. We were looking for something special to do for my birthday as it is a big one this year……..the big 4-0 (just so you know right up front, I am not a woman afraid of that number at all, because most days I feel about 12 years old in my heart), We were enjoying the 4 night cruise so much that a 7 night seemed a great idea & there was an Eastern Caribbean that would be leaving 4 days before my birthday & to put the cherry on top of the cake, we would get to celebrate my Halloween birthday Disney style. So, we booked right then & there. That seems like forever ago…………and in all reality it was 10 months ago.
This is why we had to book another cruise..........us back in port & getting ready to leave the ship & none to happy about it.
100_2534.jpg

And I had to get another day on Castaway Cay.....as I have had 2 cruises & not one fully beautiful day there yet.
100_2293.jpg

I came home from that cruise so excited to already have another trip in the making & popped on to my favorite Disney board & found the thread of DISers going on our cruise as well……..& the rest is history. I feel like I know some of these people really well already & cannot wait to meet them. They will be making many appearances in this report I am sure, because we have some fun things planned.

We decided as well, that we would head on down on Friday October 26th & do Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party as a warm up to all our cruise fun. We have done the Halloween party twice in the past & it is such a great way to celebrate Halloween. We booked a night at Wilderness Lodge villas in a studio & got our party tickets & made our one little measly ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern before the party. We won’t dress up in costumes for the party, but will wear Halloween t-shirts. We are most excited about seeing the revisions to the Haunted Mansion & the parade & fireworks are always spectacular.
A few Halloween pictures to get us all in the mood.......

A few parade shots
2004-MNSSHPParade-HauntedMansionflo.jpg

2005-OctHMdancersbootoyou.jpg

The details have all been sorted out……….
Airline tickets were a challenge. We ended up with tickets out of Nashville TN which is about 3hrs from home, but saved over 300$ doing that, but had to compromise on flight time, so we won’t be arriving until 5pm with just barely enough time to eat a quick bite & get to the party. So, we had to cancel our 1 little ADR.

Magical express is all arranged to get us to the Lodge & our packet came about 2 weeks ago………..isn’t that always fun when stuff starts to arrive.

We are taking Tiffany Towncar service from the Wilderness Lodge to port, because last time DCL transfers did not get us there until 2 o’clock & we were starved & felt really rushed to get on board, eat & then get to the drill & sail-away party. So we have a pick-up scheduled for 10:00am so we should be to port by 11:30. We will be taking DCL transfers back to the airport post cruise.

I made our cruise on-line reservations at 12:45am on July 28th right when I was supposed to & got everything we wanted without problems.

We are ready to go…………………………

More to come…..up next meet the characters & what kind of plans do we have.

Melanie- Enjoy your Halloween cruise and Happy Early Birthday.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Great TR so far~! As a first timer, I'm excited to hear more. :) :)

Thanks for reading so far....I have a little over 3 weeks to go, but I will try to do some fun updates before we leave.

Melanie- Enjoy your Halloween cruise and Happy Early Birthday.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Thanks so much Becky. I have been meaning to get over to your trip report......I will do that tonight. Back to back cruises........that is awesome.

I cant wait GREAT START:thumbsup2

:wave: Hi ya Babs.....one of my fellow cruisers. Thanks for reading. I am sure you will make a cameo appearance somewhere in this report. I can't wait to meet you :hug:

I will work on another update & have one up in a few days.......

In case you are wondering about the title of the trip report........
PUMPKINS FOR HALLOWEEN OF COURSE
PIRATES BECAUSE WE WILL BE DRESSING UP AS SCURVY PIRATES ON PIRATE NIGHT
AND
POPPINS BECAUSE I WILL BE PRACTICALLY PERFECT IN EVERY WAY FOR HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!

I love trip reports with lots of pictures, so until the next installment here are a few more Halloween pictures from MNSSHP's past to help get us in the spooky Halloween mood.
2004-MNSSHPmainstreet.jpg

2004-MNSSHPGoliath.jpg

2004-MNSSHPballoon.jpg

2005-Octpumpkinssmoke.jpg

2005-OctHMgravediggers.jpg

That sure puts me in the mood how about you????

Cant wait to read more.........
LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!!!!!!!!

COOL!!! I have a pre-trip report too..........Can't wait to see you Mary and Bert!!!:lmao: ( you know my DH's name is Bert :) )

We will be cruisin' soon. Can't wait to read your report when we get back!!!

Great start to your report! I love the parade pictures. We did the MNSSHP in October 2005 right before our first cruise. Our daughters loved it. Unfortunately I could not talk my husband into for this trip. :sad1:

The countdown is on now for our cruise! Time is flying by! :goodvibes

Cant wait to read more.........
LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!!!!!!!!
Yeah Lynn is here.......I am loving that you are reading along.
I will be sure to post lots of pictures as I think it makes the trip report much more fun to read.
COOL!!! I have a pre-trip report too..........Can't wait to see you Mary and Bert!!!:lmao: ( you know my DH's name is Bert :) )
We will be cruisin' soon. Can't wait to read your report when we get back!!!
Pam, maybe I should just borrow your hubby for the night then my DH won't have to fool with a costume. I will be sure to go look for your pre-trip report. It will be cool to read other's take on our trip.
Great start to your report! I love the parade pictures. We did the MNSSHP in October 2005 right before our first cruise. Our daughters loved it. Unfortunately I could not talk my husband into for this trip. :sad1:
The countdown is on now for our cruise! Time is flying by! :goodvibes
:yay: another one of my fellow cruiser......I am so flattered that all of you are reading along. Sorry you won't get to be at MNSSHP. I just love it. I promise to take lots of pictures for you.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and a very Happy Birthday!! :) Can't wait to hear the rest!
Thanks for the good wishes. I can't wait to write more.

Well, well, well, what do we have here? A Moon Cruise report already in progress?

The names were changed, to protect the innocent... ::cop:

S&C

I'm going on the Eastern about a month after you! Looking forward to hearing about yours!!!:)

Well, well, well, what do we have here? A Moon Cruise report already in progress?

The names were changed, to protect the innocent... ::cop:

S&C

Hi ya S & C.......glad to have you along. I hope I don't have to change too many names. Guess it depends on how much :drinking1 goes on.

I'm going on the Eastern about a month after you! Looking forward to hearing about yours!!!:)

I think you were along for my trippie last Dec....I remember your avatar. Glad you came back again.

Next installment coming up....................

Ok, you know the how & why of this trip & I gave you a sneak peek at the who.
Now let's meet the characters.

Me, your faithful trip reporter. Melanie 39 & holding until Halloween night when I will turn the big 4-0. I am ok with that really. It's just a number right?????? I figure one way to make this big birthday less painful is to celebrate it Disney style.
Here I am on my other Disney birthday which was my 37th birthday & we celebrated it at MNSSHP on Halloween night.
2004-HappyBdayHat-1.jpg

Having a Halloween birthday has always been interesting. When I was little everyone thought my bday parties were Halloween parties. As I grew up & got 2 baby brothers when I was in my early teens, we always had to go trick or treating with them on my birthday. That birthday celebrated at Disney was one of the best, but I think this one might top it, because we get to go to a Halloween party & dress up in costume which I have only gotten to do once in the recent past.
Here I am with one of my favorite characters who is the inspiration behind my Halloween costume. This is an awful picture of me, but she is Practically Perfect as always.
100_1996.jpg

So I am a huge Disney fan, obviously. I am the planner, organizer of all of our Disney trips. I obsess about making sure everything goes well & am the maker of the lists, ADR's, Palo & excursion ressies, etc.

DH. Eric. He turns 37 the week before we leave. Yes, I know I robbed the cradle :lmao:. He is a bona fide Disney lover too, just not quite as obsessed as I am. He loves that I plan everything & he just has to show up & have a good time. Biggest challenge of this trip wasn't getting him to book it...that was easy considering the great time we were having on the 4 night cruise at the time, but in talking him into dressing up for Pirate Night pirate: this year. We only did Pirate tshirts last year & I really wanted to get more into the spirit this year.
Here we are last year in our pirate shirts.
100_2389.jpg

So, after much begging & pleading & searching the internet endlessly I finally found something he would agree to wear. He is now looking forward to it I think. He will be dressing as my counterpart Bert on Halloween as well, so you know he has to be a good sport. He is the best husband ever :love: & let's me talk him into lots of things. He was a little leary of meeting all my DISboard friends in the beginning, but I think he is coming around now & he is even reading a few pages of our cruise thread every weekend now.

A bit player...............our dog Bella, who will have to go stay with Grandma & Grandpa while we are gone. She is our baby since we don't have any kids & we spoil her rotten.
This is one of her weird habits.........curling up in the pillowcase
000_0035.jpg

A better picture of her.......isn't she cute.
100_3029.jpg

Now, this character requires a backstory.
Last year we had a little friend who went with us on our trip & liked to make appearances occassionally.
Here he is on the beach at Castaway Cay
100_2290.jpg

and with my flight of martini's in Diversions
100_2243.jpg

So this year, we wanted to have another little friend.
This little guy seems to fit the bill perfectly considering we will be hanging out with a bunch of scurvy pirates pirate:
Here he is hanging out with Mr Potato Head....who as you can see is ready to cruise.
102_0167.jpg

Other characters that will play a role in this adventures.......lots of my DIS friends that I have met on our Cruising Around the Moon thread. Can't wait to meet these people. I think we will all get along great.

Next up.........
What are we planning to do.

Well, well, well. I'm bored at work and what do I find? 2 Moonies doing trip reports already! I'm looking forward to reading about the trip from your point of view! There are good times to be had by all! It's funny about your cruise mascot. I was thinking of taking my Captain along with mepirate: . Captain Jack, that is, not Capt Morgan, although he'll be making frequent apearances himself:cool2: .

Hi ya S & C.......glad to have you along. I hope I don't have to change too many names. Guess it depends on how much :drinking1 goes on.

I think you were along for my trippie last Dec....I remember your avatar. Glad you came back again.

Next installment coming up....................

OH Hi Melanie!!! It's me Melanie!!

I just figured it out when I got to the next page and saw the minpin photos!! Yeah! Look forward to hearing about your cruise!

Well, well, well. I'm bored at work and what do I find? 2 Moonies doing trip reports already! I'm looking forward to reading about the trip from your point of view! There are good times to be had by all! It's funny about your cruise mascot. I was thinking of taking my Captain along with mepirate: . Captain Jack, that is, not Capt Morgan, although he'll be making frequent apearances himself:cool2: .

Glad to see you Paula :wave: Captain Jack would be a perfect mascot. Bring him along........the more pirate:s the merrier.

OH Hi Melanie!!! It's me Melanie!!

I just figured it out when I got to the next page and saw the minpin photos!! Yeah! Look forward to hearing about your cruise!

Hi Melanie :wave:

Hi from a fellow cruiser
this cuise is my 40th birthday present too
can't wait to meet up with everyone
love the report , thanks for sharing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter