PTR - Seaworld, DCL, WDW in October 2014

Hoping we can get someone to stay at ours, it's less upheaval for them & probably cheaper than a kennel especially when u have more than 1 pet

Yes, our house/pet sitter is cheaper than the cost of boarding just one of our dogs!

Wrote post but it timed out while I was waiting for it to post so rewrote it and of course both loaded!

Hoping we can get someone to stay at ours, it's less upheaval for them & probably cheaper than a kennel especially when u have more than 1 pet

Yeah it was the idea of our somewhat nervous dog being separated not only from us but from his home which made house sitters the best solution for us:)

Meeting with them today went really well, they seem like a lovely couple and they sat and had a nice snuggle with the dog so I think it will all work out very well!

We have been discussing how to tell the girls and at the moment the winning idea is: decorating the whole lounge room with balloons and streamers and a big "We're going to Disneyworld" (or something a little more cryptic like "All aboard the mine train!") sign with lots of hidden Mickey's and a big count down to the trip. Will see how the idea evolves over the next month, it's fun to picture how they will react!

Yeah it was the idea of our somewhat nervous dog being separated not only from us but from his home which made house sitters the best solution for us:)

Meeting with them today went really well, they seem like a lovely couple and they sat and had a nice snuggle with the dog so I think it will all work out very well!

We have been discussing how to tell the girls and at the moment the winning idea is: decorating the whole lounge room with balloons and streamers and a big "We're going to Disneyworld" (or something a little more cryptic like "All aboard the mine train!") sign with lots of hidden Mickey's and a big count down to the trip. Will see how the idea evolves over the next month, it's fun to picture how they will react!

Glad it went well with the housesitters.

Love that idea, that will be so exciting surprising the girls - not just for them but for you guys too :goodvibes

Seems like the house-sitter will work out very well :thumbsup2

I love the idea of decorating the lounge room! I'd love for someone to do that for me one day :goodvibes DH never would though - he'd be scared to take me on a holiday that I hadn't been able to plan beforehand :rotfl:

Love the idea of decorating the room to surprise them.

hope the house sitters work out.

Decorating the lounge room seems like a great idea. Will you take pictures to share?

PiO- if we do decorate then I'll definitely share pics:)

Zanzibar - I'm too much of a control freak to have a surprise trip planned for me!

We had our big reveal this morning - it went so well!

After a bogus story abut Scothguard-ing the couch we made a "Pirates ye be warned" sign for the top of the stairs so the girls wouldn't go down when they woke up. Then when they did wake up Daniel and I went down with them where there was a present (wrapped in Disney Princess paper) which was a smiggle cross body bag (perfect size for an autograph book, purse etc) with a little purse inside with some USD. At this point the girls were just looking very confused;) I went ahead so I could be ready to film them and then Daniel sent them into our family room.

We had decorated the room with balloons, a paper chain countdown, piles and piles of new clothes for the trip, notebooks I had printed at Snapfish (the covers had photos of our last trip and say "USA 2014") and a big cardboard sign that had a Mickeyhead shape on top and said "2014 #1. Discovery Cove. #2. The Fantasy #3. Disneyworld". Well the girls stood there looking for a minute and so I asked them what they thought it meant and my eldest said shyly "we are going on holidays again to Disneyworld?" Well when I nodded the two of them burst out shouting, jumping, fist pumping and gave each other a huge hug! It was exactly what we had hoped for:)

Tomorrow the inlaws are coming for lunch to announce they will meet us there and come to Seaworld with us (which is why it didn't make the list today) but the girls don't know that when we get to WDW we are meeting my parents who will spend 2 weeks with us!

That's so sweet, dabecs. So glad it went down well. Be interesting to find out how it went tomorrow as well. :thumbsup2

We are home!

We were due to arrive home Friday but a delay in our flight from Orlando meant we missed our Melbourne connection in LA and had to wait till the next night to catch an Air NZ flight via Auckland. We arrived home yesterday morning very tired!

We were lucky enough though to get upgraded to premium economy for the Auckland to Melbourne leg and I have to say we enjoyed it so much I think it will be hard to go back to coach!

We had an amazing time, so many things we loved about the trip and the delay at the end was the only negative. The cruise was amazing, Discovery Cove was my favourite single day and I loved WDW again!

Will try to put down some more thoughts once I've settled in to this strange place called the real world;)

We are home!

We were due to arrive home Friday but a delay in our flight from Orlando meant we missed our Melbourne connection in LA and had to wait till the next night to catch an Air NZ flight via Auckland. We arrived home yesterday morning very tired!

We were lucky enough though to get upgraded to premium economy for the Auckland to Melbourne leg and I have to say we enjoyed it so much I think it will be hard to go back to coach!

We had an amazing time, so many things we loved about the trip and the delay at the end was the only negative. The cruise was amazing, Discovery Cove was my favourite single day and I loved WDW again!

Will try to put down some more thoughts once I've settled in to this strange place called the real world;)

Welcome back to the new normal!

Sorry you missed the flight home; and I hope it wasn't too stressful for you at the end.

Looking forward to reading all about it. :goodvibes

We are home!

Boo about being delayed. Yay about a free upgrade!

Looking forward to reading about it when you get settled.

Welcome back! Congrats on the upgrade. Once you get a taste for nicer plane seats, it is hard to go back. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter