PS for Solos?

Candace

DIS Veteran
Just curious if most of you solo travelers make PS for your meals, or do you just wing it? I am wondering how long a wait I would have getting a table for just me? Going June 4th - 11th, I am not a commando type, and I really don't want to be tied down every day to making all my daily plans around my PS. I will, however, if you guys tell me that even seating for one is hard to come by. Thanks!

I've always made PS's for my solo meals, and I eat at a table service restaurant usually twice a day, for lunch and dinner. That said, I get the feeling it's much easier to squeeze in a solo. You're competing with the other solo diners and with couples, but many more diners seem to me to be groups larger than two.

As a matter of fact, I made PS's today for my trip June 17 - 22, and I got each restaurant at a preferred time (lunch around noon - 12:30pm, dinner around 7:00pm.) This tells me that June is not so booked up yet, which is great news!!!!

Don't know if I've helped any with your question, but have a great trip!!!!

Remember you can always cancel them, so it's not a crisis if you miss something!!

Solo seating is MUCH easier to get on a walk-up, so I almost never make a PS when I'm alone unless I want to eat at a very popular place like CRT.

Keep in mind that the wait for walk-ups can be as much as 70 minutes during very crowded times at very popular restaurants. However, during slack times you can often get into the restaurants in 5-10 minutes, especially places that don't draw huge crowds like Biergarten and Marakesh.

You can also try making PSs the night before or first thing in the morning right from your room phone. Many times I've made lunch and dinner PSs as soon as I got to the park in the morning and had no trouble getting a seat, though I have not always gotten the exact time I wanted.

Don't worry about making PS ahead of your trip unless you are going during a very crowded time and want to eat at some of the more popular places.

I never make PS....I just wing it. never know where you will be!! being solo, I cannot forsee to much of a problem getting a seat!! I went lst year to 50's and got right in!

I always make a PS if I know I would like to eat somewhere in particular, even when I am solo. It takes away the hassle of being among the walk-ins and possibly having a long wait. Since there are no tables for one, being solo does not give you an advantage over couples. As someone else pointed out, you can always cancel if your plans change.

The only exception to my "Always make a PS" policy is at places that have bar seating and when I am willing to accept that instead of a table - such as 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Since you are going in June, I would suggest making PS for the places you really want to dine.

I usually go solo sometime in the first week of December. I will often make a PS for Sci-Fi in MGM about a month before I go. Last year, I also made an evening PS only 15 minutes before, and I had no trouble getting in. I made the PS right at the park, and by the time I walked over, my wait time was less than 10 minutes. Last year though, I did have one PS for CRT, at 90 days out. Most of the time, though, for the lesser popular places, a solo can get squeezed in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter