• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Proof of time distance question

jimandami

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

DH and I need a race for POT for the half in January. We found a local race that looks good but they have a "quarter marathon" instead of a 10K so it's 6.55 miles instead of 6.2. I wasn't sure if we could use that or not? I emailed the track shack address but no response.

Does the race have an online results page that you can link? If so it should be fine since a quarter marathon is longer then a 10K. It just has to be a 10K or more.

Hi all,

DH and I need a race for POT for the half in January. We found a local race that looks good but they have a "quarter marathon" instead of a 10K so it's 6.55 miles instead of 6.2. I wasn't sure if we could use that or not? I emailed the track shack address but no response.
Proof of time race needs to be a distance of 10k OR greater so this is ok.

Hi all,

I think as others have stated , it will count. However, given it's an unusual distance I will be curious how they feed that in to calculate your estimated finish time. If they don't use the actual distance and just round it down to a 10k then you're running an extra .3 miles. Depending on your pace that may increase your estimated pace by 30 seconds a mile. It's not a huge amount but it could be enough to put you back 1 corral.

I seem to remember that when they adjusted the distance on Wine and Dine a couple years ago the race course was about 7 miles long but they counted it as a 10k for POT.

I think as others have stated , it will count. However, given it's an unusual distance I will be curious how they feed that in to calculate your estimated finish time. If they don't use the actual distance and just round it down to a 10k then you're running an extra .3 miles. Depending on your pace that may increase your estimated pace by 30 seconds a mile. It's not a huge amount but it could be enough to put you back 1 corral.

I seem to remember that when they adjusted the distance on Wine and Dine a couple years ago the race course was about 7 miles long but they counted it as a 10k for POT.

You are correct, which was my concern. Track Shack replied yesterday and said it was fine to count but I would have to input it as a 10K so yes, my pace would look slower.

You are correct, which was my concern. Track Shack replied yesterday and said it was fine to count but I would have to input it as a 10K so yes, my pace would look slower.
so, just run faster...that should be easy, right?

Depending on your speeds - that difference of .3 miles will probably only be a difference of a corral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter