Professional Internship - Fall 2011

You got an email! Congratulations! Does that mean you're moving along in the process for an interview?

Hi everyone, I received the letter through email that I was a strong candidate for the Accounting and Finance Professional Internship and I have my phone interview tomorrow morning. Has anyone had this phone interview for this program? If so what should I expect? Also has anyone made it on to the second round of phone interviews? If so what were you asked?

I applied for PI management in theme park operations, last semester for the spring 2011. I made it to the phone interview and got a rejection email in November. When i called HR they told me i made it pretty far but the reason i wasn't offered a position was because i had no retail experience and i never did the college program.Since then i have worked in Bloomingdales and i applied for the college program. I applied for the fall 2011 same internship and had my phone interview last week. Once again they said i was a strong candidate for this position. Because im applying a second time and i have new work experience on my resume, will that give me a "leg up" for this position? Or will my out come be the same as last time and should i apply for more then one internship?

I would imagine the new experience will definitely look awesome on your new resume! But as far as applying for more than one internship, why not?! Might as well broaden your chances by giving them your name multiple times! Good luck!

After my screening interview for both Guest Relations and Management (TPO) i still up and waiting.

I would imagine the new experience will definitely look awesome on your new resume! But as far as applying for more than one internship, why not?! Might as well broaden your chances by giving them your name multiple times! Good luck!

Thank You very much for the help, i applied for two others today.

For everyone that got the Animal Programs PI email today - what 3 internships did you narrow your choices to? I'm aiming for the vet hospital, the aquatic vet hospital, or the conservation education presenter one. I was going to apply for the vet medical records one too but it said to pick 3 and that one doesn't sound very interesting to me.

Hey all, tomorrow I have my first phone screening... is there anything I need to be worried about or is it just a "normal" interview etc.

Any help or hints as to the questions they might ask?

Thank you and good luck!

Hey all, tomorrow I have my first phone screening... is there anything I need to be worried about or is it just a "normal" interview etc.

Any help or hints as to the questions they might ask?

Thank you and good luck!
I have my first one tomorrow too and I'm getting really nervous!

You got an email! Congratulations! Does that mean you're moving along in the process for an interview?

hopefully. its kind of like reapplying right now which is a bit weird (more questionares and resending information). however, i do believe that I will get one for the two that the managers control. the other two it sounds as if there are no interviews.

hopefully. its kind of like reapplying right now which is a bit weird (more questionares and resending information). however, i do believe that I will get one for the two that the managers control. the other two it sounds as if there are no interviews.

Talking about animal programs? If so, I know having to resubmit the cover letter, transcript, the whole nine yards. At least we've made it this far!

haha i know. but it just feels like i gotta worry about the same stuff. i like to think that by the time the managers get our stuff, there is a slim amount of people to choose from but i dont feel thats the case

The Animal Programs department picks all of their interns.. soo I'm kind of confused about what you're saying. I applied for the Conservation Education internship last year while I was on my college program and got an interview face to face (but I ended up withdrawing my application because I had to go back to school the next semester). You would think that they'd still interview every potential intern, even the ones who provided letters of recommendation because even though people are picked on the basis of qualification, it's still Disney. Everybody still works onstage some, and everybody needs to be able to talk and interact with guests, and you can't really gauge that by someone's resume or by the way they write.

I got a request to schedule a phone interview today for the PI's I applied for. I will schedule the interview later today after my classes and work. :) ~TravisSch

Well as far as I know mine went all right, now its the waiting game, wont hear back till april.

I also just had my interview....now I have to wait 3-5 weeks....not looking forward to it

I also just had my interview....now I have to wait 3-5 weeks....not looking forward to it

Me either I hate to wait, they didnt tell me 3-5 weeks they just said the latest would be May 1st. I am hoping i will just get extremely lucky and here back soon after the application deadline.

Me either I hate to wait, they didnt tell me 3-5 weeks they just said the latest would be May 1st. I am hoping i will just get extremely lucky and here back soon after the application deadline.

What did you interview for?

Had my interview today, I thought it went pretty well, but I never interviewed with Disney before so I don't have anything to compare it to. I interviewed for Finance/Accounting. I'm considering applying for a few more positions, but as an accounting major, I feel like that's the one I'm most qualified for by far.

I'm praying that everything works out for all of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter