Problem with Tigger

A few people have asked for the addresses to show support--I started this thread yesterday it has addys for a couple of news stations,wdw and Tiggers union

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1318717

One poster in my thread mentioned that the Fl news mentioned the amount of emails they received in regards to this so keep up the good work people!!!

I definately support Tigger, but the incident does bring new meaning the the term "The Hug and Shove.":lmao:

For those of you heading to the World soon. Don't forget to send a tigger postcard to the kid at his home address.:tigger:

Denise in MI
Thank for the wonderful idea. The kid will get a few cards from me too. At least one every trip and that is quite often.:lmao:

its obvious that in the video on cbs that the kid did something to tigger like pinch him or grab him and you can see tigger react and the look on the kids face that he thought it was funny and he did not let go so tigger defended himself the best he could. when they showed the clip in slow motion you cannot really tell that the kid did something but when they played it in regular speed its obvious the little jerk thought it was funny. there is no reason that tigger would have even reacted that way if something was not being done to him. guys and my work pinch eachother on the back all day thinking its funny and we all have the same reaction. you pull your body away and you punch him in the chest for doing it. try it yourself to someone by pinching them in the back when they are not expecting it and see how they react then go and watch the tigger video and you will see the same reaction and then you will be like that little jerk.

How ridiculous! That kid probably deserves to be hit in the head, but it doesn't look like that's what Tigger did! If I were Disney I wouldn't issue an apology or offer any settlement. I would take it straight to court. I wouldn't worry about the costs for their legal teams or the litigation. I wonder what kind of witnesses the kid and his parents would make??

I know a lot of corporations settle out of court because it's cheaper than fighting a case in court and it's bad PR, but sometimes I think you need to draw a line in the sand to prevent future frivalous claims.

Also, kids and adults alike need to respect the characters like they would any other person. You can't grab on to a characters costume and pull them back anymore than you can pull on a person's hair and pull them back.

What a shame!

I'm glad that they haven't let the man behind the Tigger costume apologize. By saying he's sorry, is saying that he did something wrong. Which will then lead into legal action. And the more I watch the video, the more I get angry. This kid looks like he is definately up to something. I also don't like that the news isn't showing the whole video. Anything to put down Disney. Also...why did the father have to call in a lawyer? I smell a skunk...and if I was truly a bad person...I would be calling his house and giving him a piece of my mind. I hope that they don't let this man and his son back in Disney!!

I will be in WDW in 2 days with my family (better have my 14 year old daughter watch out for Tigger!!!!) and if I had time I would make a shirt that said "SAVE TIGGER".

I hope everything works out for this CM!!

I am leaving for WDW on the 27th and would LOVE a save tigger t-shirt!!! LOL!!

I'm skimming this post so if I am repeating anything sorry. I read the entire police report and if I am reading it right, It says that Tigger lost sight of his spotter and then felt someone pull on his costume making it hard for him to breath and lost his balance.

Also, I noticed the father and son's birthdays are posted so maybe they should also receive a yearly birthday card from Tigger. Yes, I hold grudges!

TIGGER IS INNOCENT!

I just watched the video and it seems to me like the kid was pulling tigger's zipper or tigger lost his balance. Tigger may have not realized that his hand was going to hit the kid. He probably lost his balance and flailed his arms out, hitting the kid inadvertently.
And I see their still in Orlando...why would they waste their vacation on this? I'm sorry, but I would just let it go and try to enjoy the rest of my vacation!
~May Queen:butterfly

They are pretty well known in town...and they are always causing trouble and making a scene about something. The kid was totally instigating Tigger, but they didn't really show that part on the news, huh? They are troublemakers!

Please write Disney and tell them that. :happytv:

Unfortunately, Disney is going to pay off this bozo since in our litigious society awards for things like this are outrageous. This has has already gotten more air time on than it deserves and much more than Disney would like. The family knows Disney will make it right and pay them off, that's why they hired a lawyer before they ever left Orlando.

Its obvoius that this kid was doing something that he shouldn't have been doing. Even as Tigger turns toward the kid, his hand is still behind Tigger, presumably working on the costume's zipper. Even if Tigger had wanted to hit the kid its unlikely he could have seen him given the position of Tigger and the boy. As I recall, Tigger holds autograph books up to his nose so he can see them. There's just no way Tigger was able to see the kid and purposely hit him in the face. To me it appears that Tigger is turning to stop the punk from doing what ever he was doing. Arms got tangled and his paw hit the kid in the face.

The hit wasn't severe enough to make the kids face red let alone cause him to suffer neck pain. These people want money, period, end of story. Another post already mentioned it, because of this moron there may soon be a hands off policy which will ruin the entire experience for the kids. I showed this to my family last night and my son is already worried that he won't see Tigger when we go in September.

Any way we can contact Disney to tell them how the public feels and that we see this for what it really is, which is a ploy to extort money from the GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH!!

Also, I noticed the father and son's birthdays are posted so maybe they should also receive a yearly birthday card from Tigger.

I like that idea! Usually I am not one to go after people but this claim is so ridiculous and obviously they are after money, that makes me sick. Our admission tickets will probably go up in $ because in the future every character will have to have their own handler or body guard :headache:

This Dad and son were totally clueless about who they were messing with!

BTW, you can make your own T-shirts with something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Printworks-T-...05ATZ8/ref=pd_sim_dbs_e_4/002-4238373-2117662

I have seen these products at craft stores like Michael's, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby - as well as at WalMart. I would think you could just print the words "SAVE TIGER" with any word processing program. Or get more creative with photo software . . .

then it's just an iron on transfer. The craft stores carry lots of cheap t-shirts (like $3-4) in many colors just for this kind of stuff.

It definitely looks like the kid was messing with Tigger's costume/zipper. Tigger can only see out of his nose, so he probably didn't know the kid was there or that he was that close.

I think that the kid was trying to be a prankster because why would he be so far away hugging Tigger in the first place? It looks like he wants space between him and Tigger to run if something happens.

Besides when that kid goes back to school he's getting pounded by everyone in his class for being a whimp.

Ironically when I went to Disney in October I caught on video an incident with Tigger. It's not as extreme but I found it funny and ironic.

Here is the link to that video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8dBhPjx5bw

I just cant help but wonder. How often does this kind of thing happen? My children loved interacting with the characters, but when people do things like this it could ultimalely make things worse for others in the future. Does anyone see them banning these interactions in the future?

Anything to make a buck these days I guess... I would definetely want a "Save Tigger" T-shirt for my trip in Feb.. that would rock :rotfl2:

As for the incident.. Tigger should have hit him harder.. heck he should have gone back and gotten Pooh, Piglet, Roo, Eeyore, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip AND Dale, and any other character who was in the back to come hit the kid too.. and given his dad one as well.. aleast then they might have some merit for the case.. Oh and it's so convenient that the video just happens to pan down the second Tigger hits the kid.. doesn't show the kid hitting Tigger back clearly :confused3

And the hospital.. please... If the kid had been hit hard enough that he had a neck injury and needed to go to the hospital there would be more than a "red mark" on the side of his face... and its not like Bruce Lee was in the Tigger suit.. how would the CM have gotten enough momentum behind the punch to do that kind of damage anyway? I mean have you ever tried to throw a punch across your body like that? It's hard to put momentum behind a swing, without wearing a giant padded orange suit... the whole thing is just dishonest BS. Sure hope that it doesn't effect future interactions with characters... and hopefully the poor CM doesn't lose their job over this.. thats the real tragedy here... Disney can afford to pay if they indeed chose to but that surely means the CM is out of a job.. That's just wrong for that family to make money by causing other's to lose out.. :furious:

As for the incident.. Tigger should have hit him harder.. heck he should have gone back and gotten Pooh, Piglet, Roo, Eeyore, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip AND Dale, and any other character who was in the back to come hit the kid too.. and given his dad one as well.. aleast then they might have some merit for the case.. Oh and it's so convenient that the video just happens to pan down the second Tigger hits the kid.. doesn't show the kid hitting Tigger back clearly :confused3

And the hospital.. please... If the kid had been hit hard enough that he had a neck injury and needed to go to the hospital there would be more than a "red mark" on the side of his face... and its not like Bruce Lee was in the Tigger suit.. how would the CM have gotten enough momentum behind the punch to do that kind of damage anyway? I mean have you ever tried to throw a punch across your body like that? It's hard to put momentum behind a swing, without wearing a giant padded orange suit... the whole thing is just dishonest BS. Sure hope that it doesn't effect future interactions with characters... and hopefully the poor CM doesn't lose their job over this.. thats the real tragedy here... Disney can afford to pay if they indeed chose to but that surely means the CM is out of a job.. That's just wrong for that family to make money by causing other's to lose out.. :furious:

I totally agree here. Rounding up the "Pooh Posse" would have been funny. I cant wait to send them a postcard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter