Problem with getting material from DVC

BobH

DIS Veteran
I have my kids on the deed. Lucky kids! Anyway my membership material - guidebook, pins etc have recently been mailed to the kids and not to me. I have emailed member services recently and been told I'd get a reply in 48 hours. So far they have not replied. This is the first time I have failed to get a timely reply from member services. Does anyone else have a problem with mailings from DVC Member SErvices?? Were you able to get it fixed? I wonder why DVC seems mixed up as to who the responsible party is on my contract? I am going to address it soon when I make a reservation, just wondered if this is a common problem?

Both dh's and my name is on our deed, but all of the mail comes addressed to me. The only reason I can think of is I'm the one who makes all the reservations so the rooms have always been in my name. Did you ever make reservations in your kids' names?

Yes I made reservations for my daughter in her name, but I also made reservations for myself in my own name. I never made reservations in my son's name - yet all the mail comes in my daughter and my son's name. I called to make reservations for Hilton Head today and inquired about the matter. The member services agent was very kind but had to take my question to a supervisor who stated they would have to research the issue. The agent was able to tell me that the order of owners on my record shows the following order: my wife, my daughter, my son and then myself. This is a hoot since my wife has never had contact with DVC other than to sign the contract. The contracts were signed with my wife and I as primary and my duaghter and son below us on the contracts. I suspect it is simply a matter of a data entry eror when it was entered into the computer, but I am one of those people who believes things should be done carefully and correctly. Especially when you spend close to $15,000.
Hopefully I'll hear from somone soon.

How old are your children? Did you add them in on the contract? Or did the contract come with 4 names on it? Im just wondering. I already gave a hugh deposit but havent seen the contract yet.

Have to work evry now & then so my reply comes a day late.
My kids are age 22 and 19. I asked about putting them on the deed when I put my deposit down. My contract paperwork came about 10 days after my deposit. The contract paperwork came with my name and my wife's at the top and the kids underneath. My guide's only statement was that Florida Law required them to be at least 18. However, no one ever asked me for any verification of their ages. One other thing I did not investigate and probably should have with my lawyer - namely what happens if your child gets married and then divorced. I don't know if a settlement would have to be made with the estranged spouse on their right to a portion of the contract.
I like to think positive so this issue never occurred to me. If you want to avoid it you could just pass the DVC contract down by your will. Just a thought. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter