Prioritizing Tix

shm_helene

Mouseketeer
Sorry for this question that will be quite obvious to some. I've scanned using the search....but didn't find what I was looking for *though I may not have exhausted all search terms*.

My in-laws are going to Disney. They bid and won 4 1 day park hoppers (so they will use these to go to the parks for two days). If they purchase additional non hopper tickets how do we ensure that the correct ticket is used when they scan? Must this be done at Guest Relations (this is what I've gathered from the other posts I've looked at).

As I side note we do have the hard plastic tickets for the hoppers - I want these in MDE to book their FP, however, if they also took those with them for the tapstiles would this solve that problem? And if so would they still be able to use the MB for FP?

Yes, a visit to guest relations (or any ticket window) is in order. There is no way to prioritize tickets yourself in MDE (why not, I have no idea). You can call and ask them to prioritize on advance, but I'd still stop and check the morning you go to the park, to ensure it was done the way you want. You can also ask a CM near the gates holding an iPad to scan and check for you. Fixing a problem afterward is much more of a hassle than getting it right in the first place.

And no, using hard ticket cards, once the tickets are linked to MDE, will not solve the problem. Once a ticket is linked to an individual's MDE, the hard plastic card itself becomes like a MagicBand -- it will access all the information (including other tickets) in the account.

Last edited:
The easiest solution is to not worry about prioritizing tickets and create MDE "phantoms" that you assign the extra tickets to.

Explain please.
You can add on a "new" person, Ticket Saver, to your MDE Account and reassign or link any extra tickets there for safekeeping.

You can do the same if you'll be using them for a trip. Link the tickets to You#2, DD#2 etc. and you can use the ticket to enter the parks and FP lines. It saves you a trip to Guest Relations by reassigning your own tickets.

Sorry for getting back so late! I really appreciate your response @hiroMYhero . So I get all this....but how does that work at the gate Do you have an extra MagicBand? Sorry...I feel like these are such basic questions. And if you have another MB will they both be linked to their rooms?

Sorry for getting back so late! I really appreciate your response @hiroMYhero . So I get all this....but how does that work at the gate Do you have an extra MagicBand? Sorry...I feel like these are such basic questions. And if you have another MB will they both be linked to their rooms?
If you need those "saver" tickets to enter the park, you can use a hard, plastic ticket that links to them. Plastic tickets function the same as MBs.

But, if you want the Saver tickets to use and link to MBs for your upcoming trip, just link them to the correct people and stop by Guest Relations to prioritize your tickets.

Ticket Savers in MDE are advised when you want to save tickets for a future trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter